BBC: "RAF Fighter Jets scrambled amid Terror Plot Fears"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Mar 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmm - this article today, last week articles about the Russians invading our airspace up north - is the RAF trying to increase its relevance to the UK public in advance of the SDR?
  2. In fairness the article does raise that likelyhood.
  3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Of course they could still do this if they were FAA. Just better looking uniforms and better crew duty hours.
  4. Mmmm, 'RN Fishery Protection Sqn in Rare Get Together', Bravery of RN Personnel Honoured', 'RN Personnel Train for Afghanistan'...I make it 12 RN stories in MoD news in March. The RAF had 8...and we're the bigger Service (although I acknowledge we don't have such a problem with relevance! :wink: )

Stoney projectiles...glazed accommodation? :D

5. At least 2 that I saw.

However, just a bit of banter and it's good to see the RN raising it's profile. Being serious for a moment, that's one area where the Senior Service has not helped itself in recent years and, with the Land centric Afghan Campaign stealing headlines, Joe Public needs constant reminding that it's not the only show in town.

6. When turning too on most, Morning watch, at station flight RNAS FULMAR many moons ago. The line was always full of F102s, F104s, Lightnings, Neptune, Atlantic. Which had been scrambled, from various airstations, intercepting Ruski Bears and Badger A/C :wink: :wink:
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

8. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

As Alfred_the_Great posted on ARRSE

Joint Ops. Spelt A-R-M-Y and pronounced LAND