BBC Radio 2 fcuk up again

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by stan_the_man, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Listened to that self opinionated prick Jeremy Vine at lunchtine as he annouced the death of Brian Hanrahan quoting his famous news report from the Falklands in 82 I counted them out and I counted them all back again then the fcuking turd said they were RAF Harriers, nearly spat my fcuking false teeth out.
    He's a total cnut

2. Jeremy Vine - the Daily Mail in human form.

3. That's what the RN get for being complete choppers with the press in '82.

Suck it up

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Quite agree, but apparently "superpom" thinks it irrelevant,as well as others Stan: http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=30624.html

Maybe they were however the problem with history is that if you say it often enough, it becomes fact.

I still remember being sat on a ship atop two 1000Lb UXBs listening to the BBC World Service broadcast the fact together with news of the intended attack on Goose Green. To this day the BBC deny it.

Those who survived Coventry will vouch for the fact that thereafter the Argentine bombs worked fine & the Paras, besides still questioning the tactical gain, will rightly state that there was a rather disproportionate number of Argentine forces in a tactically irrelevant position, which they took against the odds.

5. Fortunately the BBC had it right tonight and stated RN Harriers. Agree with your opinion on the World Service, couldn't believe it when we heard it on the Brilliant. Toss pots the lot, with the obvious exception.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

:wink: Doubtless a pissed-off matelot put them right.

I'll refrain from commenting on the tosser Hastings, beyond the prefix...