BBC: "Prince Charles Awarded Highest Military Ranks By Queen"

As stated they are Honoury titles as he represents the Queen etc.
I can't see anyone having a problem with that.
He's never done any harm and lots of good for the country.

Lovely, that will be some nice new uniforms from Baun & Co in Queen Street for him to look swashbuckling in. To meander slightly even a grizzled old republican such as I cannot fail to be impressed with the pageantry and spectacle of Trooping the Colour, it was splendid viewing today as it always is.

Lovely, that will be some nice new uniforms from Baun & Co in Queen Street for him to look swashbuckling in. To meander slightly even a grizzled old republican such as I cannot fail to be impressed with the pageantry and spectacle of Trooping the Colour, it was splendid viewing today as it always is.
Certainly was, one thing the commentator said with regards the downsizing of the Army, "1968 was the only year in the Queens reign that a soldier wasnt killed in combat" is that true or another Beebism

Seadog

War Hero
As stated they are Honoury titles as he represents the Queen etc.
I see that but I doubt that they are honorary. He will appear on the Active Lists just as his father does. If he doesn't, I'll suck back.

One thing is for sure, his naval tailor is not in Queen Street, Portsmouth.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Certainly was, one thing the commentator said with regards the downsizing of the Army, "1968 was the only year in the Queens reign that a soldier wasnt killed in combat" is that true or another Beebism
That is a fact, the only year last century in which we did not lose a serviceman to enemy action, including terrorist actions. I guess it rns on into this century as well.

Another lesser known fact is that is also the year I joined my Battalion in Germany - must have frightened them all away. :)

Gieves and Hawkes have 3 Royal Warrants including those of PoW and DoE. That kind of narrows the identity of his naval tailor down a bit.
I never aspired to the dizzy heights of using Gieves and Hawkes. :-( It was Louis Bernard, Baun's, Jack Blair trendy menswear is now in attendance on the jetty or the onboard Sew Sew for me.

Gieves and Hawkes have 3 Royal Warrants including those of PoW and DoE. That kind of narrows the identity of his naval tailor down a bit.
So the pipe over Buckingham Palace's main broadcast of "Jack Blair, trendy menswear, is now in attendance at the main gate" won't happen then? Shame.

Lord High Admirable, fnar snigger!, I mean come on, with all the cuts and downsizing surely this is one promotion too far.
Lord High Admiral is Prince Philip's rank, Prince Charles is now "just another 5*" as Admiral of the Fleet. Besides, you don't have to be the biggest to be the best!

During the recent celebrations I saw Princess Anne on Buck palace balcony in a blue uniform with lots of bling, what outfit is she CinC of

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
During the recent celebrations I saw Princess Anne on Buck palace balcony in a blue uniform with lots of bling, what outfit is she CinC of
Household Cav - it means she can wear trousers and carry a big sword. She has always been a tom boy and I bet wishes she had been able to join the SAS.