BBC pay levels

Seadog

War Hero
Fishing boats, coastal trade and yachts have Skippers. Large merchant ships requiring a Master Mariner in Command have Masters or Captains, warships including submarines and RFAs have Commanding Officers - colloquially called 'Captain' even when they are Commodores or Commanders/Chief Officers and downwards.

IIRC 'Skipper' was once a rank with Warrant Officer status in the RNR, in command of sloops etc in WWII. They came from the fishing fleet and were awesome.

'The Old Man' works for all, however senior or junior.

What was the question?

Every boat I've had we called the Captain the skipper, depending on the individual concerned, sometimes as Boss. The Old Man was also used.

Anyway, back to the BBC ;)

Seadog

War Hero
I sense that the BBC have had their 'gender biased' pay scales right up 'em this time.

Alarm bells rang with that non entity Jonathan Woss a few years ago. Was it £18M for three years he trousered from the BBC for being cheeky but vacant?

I'm offended, I may continue to stop paying for the privilege of watching Glastonbury.

G

guestm

It would be interesting to know how much the captain of HMS Queen Elizabeth get when compared to some bloke who reads the news on the BBC.
You have a serious obsession with all things Carrier and Strike, and it's not in the good 'military interest' way either....

I don't think you understood the point of the question which does not seem to be such a rare occurrence as you might expect. The car, for those who are interested is a 17 plate Range Rover V8 sport with a winch and a snorkel..

G

guestm

I don't think you understood the point of the question which does not seem to be such a rare occurrence as you might expect. The car, for those who are interested is a 17 plate Range Rover V8 sport with a winch and a snorkel..
What is your point? Other than digging at all things CEPP?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Current Affairs 17
D Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
Shakey The Quarterdeck 4