BBC: "New Tricks" - Filmed in Gib - Tuesday, 30/07/13 - 2100

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Jul 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NewTricks.jpg

The popular TV series "New Tricks" returns to British screens this evening. Now in its tenth series, the comedy-drama about an eccentric group of veteran police detectives re-opening cold cases is back with two episodes which were recorded in Gib last year; filming locations included the Airport, the Top of the Rock, the Marina and Main Street.

Various Rum Rationers have been based in Gib or have visited it and so may enjoy the opportunity to see tonight's programme and next week's and to summon up old memories of time spent there! There is no guarantee that old treasured haunts such as the Donkey's Flip-Flop will feature, but the flavour of Gib is bound to be there.

2. Rehearsal in Main Street, 24th November 2012.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Bases/Shore Establishments"? There's more to The Rock than the military presence... :shock:

4. One of the best sources of nostalgic photos (and up to date ones) of the Royal Navy at Gibraltar is on the World Naval Ship Forum here although you must register in order to expand the thumbnail images:

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Sol dropped the bombshell

Really? Nobody ever mentioned it.:wink:

SPB took issue with the taxonomy.

Come now SPB, none of us ( Mods or not ) have ever excelled at getting something in the most appropriate catagory and we all have different ideas about what is most appropriate.

Anyway the military / naval presence is still strong in Gib, even if it is mostly pensioners in shorts and fading blotchy matelot tats. MoD Guard Service on the main gate though, not RN as shown in the trailer. Or was last year. Still, if it is good publicity.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  6. Seadog

The rehearsal scene looks like some drunk old boys trying to get their oppo home. Cops have been called.

7. sgtpepperband

Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy, perhaps? :thumbleft:

• Like Like x 1
  8. sgtpepperband

Oh, that was a clip from the show? I thought it was RR's PSOF's Reunion after a session at Charlie's Hole in the Wall... :wink:

9. Seadog

Maybe. Maybe Gib should have its own forum.

Spain, bastards, outrage bus, Rock Race, Rock Apes, Donkey's Flip Flop, Gibbos, duty frees, Charlie's, Booties, 1704, when I was, back in the day.....er, that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MOD EDIT: Take it to the appropriate thread in the appropriate area of the forum please.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  11. BBC: "New Tricks" - Filmed in Gib - Tuesday, 30/07/13 - 2100

Captain with his port slider on upside down. Tsk tsk!

12. Anyone else clock the Cdr with an upside-down rank slide on the port side?

The Daily Mail will be up in arms. Who has the keys to the outrage bus?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)

13. sgtpepperband

What - this one..? :thumbleft:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Look on the bright side - at least the Donkey's Flip Flop featured!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Do we really still have all those matelots in Gib?

16. Seadog

The Daily Mail 'readership' won't notice and it isn't the actor's fault.

But very wrong.

17. Ahh but his stbd epaulette is okay, lets hope an ex matelot works in costume and is now laughing his/her head off as they drink from a free crate.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Every time I'm on the Rock I see a surprising number of matlots.

Also some chaps in a pale blue get up................

19. sgtpepperband

Having been bombarded on Faceache overnight with irrelevant dripping about the "Epaulette Episode" from (mainly ex-) matelots, I have to say that I am outraged by all this outrage... :evil: :roll: :sleepy: