BBC is for dummies, apparently.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by TeddyT, Apr 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is Masterchef repeatedly referring to one of its contestants as a "childrens' doctor"; is the UK really too dumb to know what a paediatrician is?

AND I caught Radio 4, the other day, explaining that bilateral talks were between 2 countries: really, that's a bit of a shock!
  2. The reading age of the Sun Newspaper is maintained at 9 years old, with other red tops not far behind.

I love it when someone quotes the Red Top Newspapers during a discussion to reinforce their view; it's like referring to one of Lonestar's ill-informed posts about Afghanistan during a debate with General McChrystal.
  3. I remember that in 2000, after the News of the World published sex offender details, the home of a Paediatrician was actually attacked in South Wales. I think it was about the same time as the Paulsgrove Paedo Riots.

Guardian Article

You couldn't make it up . . .
  4. I remember the Paulsgrove incident
  5. Who can forget the sophistication of the protests

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. Or when people tried to explain to them that he was a 'Children's Doctor' it made it worse that a 'Paedo' could be in that trade? :roll:
  7. A shocking indictment of the education system of Great Britain in the 21st century... innit ! :roll: