BBC iPlayer

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by HMR&C, Nov 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can you please check out 'Remembrance Sunday - The Cenotaph' on BBC iPlayer.

Time-line 01:19:18 - 01:19:25.

Sorry I can't link it for you - new at this and my first post.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Yep that's him Ninja - and check out the wife on his right.

Thank you for linking - H.
  4. I noticed him. I must admit to thinking at the time, 'WTF?'
  5. I wonder if he's wearing the STC "Bronze Turtle" medal correctly mounted above the inside pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Hang on a minute, I don't want to slander this hero, are you sure it's his missus?

It explains the medals, s'pose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. He's wearing well for someone who was in WW1, either that or he's hung the WW1 gongs on the wrong side of his jacket.

Wonder if he had trouble getting a sand beret so had to opt for a maroon one to put the regimental badge on!
  8. I thought his missus was the one he was linking arms with! :eek:
  9. Do you think he served twice, as he has two veterans badges?!
  10. Sas beret badge on a para beret? What a whopper.
  11. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wow! GSM with Veteran's Badge ... trumps my SAM with rosette ... I'll pack up and go home!
  13. Ninja_Stoker

To be fair, the guy could just be a bit nuts. In fact there is a good deal of circumstantial supporting evidence in my second screenshot. I don't feel particularly outraged, just mildly bewildered. Then again, I didn't need this guy to help me arrive at this juncture.

It kinda illustrates the point I was trying to make on another thread about the seemingly never-ending procession of those we're not supposed to forget. How could we? :)
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ninja_Stoker

I'm pretty sure this unfortunate individual has already been bubbled.

The problem is, he could well have "issues".

Whilst it's rather daft trying to pass yourself off as something you are not (Except whilst trapping - I'm still an F35 test pilot, remember) hounding him to potential suicide is not really a good idea. I've no doubt the civilian, never-served, outraged members of the Walter Mitty Hunters Club would disagree, but frankly....

Unless financial gain is involved I'm not really arsed. I've been pretending to be a Chief Stoker since 1997.:)
  15. It would take a bit of neck to black cat this geezer:-

[There's one at the bottom right that can be used to free shopping trollies at Morrisons]
  16. Ninja_Stoker

And then there's the little men in big hats:

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]

Or this lunatic that turned out to Lee Rigbys murder scene.
    • Funny Funny x 1

18. His 'missus' looks like the KGB Controller from the C4 series 'The Americans'!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bloody hell, me and Mrs JFH were trying to think who she reminded us of, hit the nail on the swede there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk