BBC: "Inside HMS Artful"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Sep 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thanks Sol.
    One little question. Do they really wear Dolphins on their Ovies nowadays other than when the media come to call?

2. From what I've seen of matelots in rig round Gosport Dolphins are worn on white shirts all the time

3. Have to admit the dolphins on 4's look gash, it would have been better if they were blue on white, the same as branch badges IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4's? Fcking hell, how things have changed. Dolphins, Queen's legs, whatever, if you have it flaunt it, eh?

5. Bomber pins on 3's looks gash IMO. Not that I object to the bomber pin in principle, but it is issued in lieu of a medal to recognise OP RELENTLESS and therefore goes against the standard protocol for medal wearing. Next thing you know we'll be wearing medal ribbons on 3's like the RAN, RCN, RNZN and USN.

6. Pardon my ignorance, I've been out a while bomber pins on 3's? Pray tell what are these?

7. Basically once you've done 30 days of patrol on a bomber you get a silver badge and once you've done 20 patrols you get a gold badge. Meant to be something to wear cos submariners don't get a medal for being on patrol.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

8. Dear god, we get more like the yanks every day. Well thats something I won't be retrospectively asking for! Who's bright idea was that then, as if a bit of tin could compensate for the bomber routine and lifestyle!

9. At least we seem to have sh*tcanned the idea of SURFLOT people wearing the gash SURFLOT symbol as a badge. For now....

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

10. The dolphins on 4s is dependant on skipper at the moment. That might be against what the regs say but thats the way its working.

11. Buggered if I can find it, because I can't remember what 23 it was, but a couple of weeks ago I saw a picture of 3 guys on the flight deck in 3's doing exactly that. The ribbons were presumably the ones worn on bush jackets.

12. Here you go IS, a direct copy of the septics ones and something I'm proud to say I'm NOT entitled to :)

Attached Files:

13. I think officers do that in tropics. Just a guess.

14. Still got mIne that were issued in the late 80`s. SM 1 didn't like em

15. LMAO, looks like it took a couple of five year olds at least ten minutes to design, methinks I got out at the right time.

16. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

I have seen someone wearing green/black kissing Kippers on his green cs95, that looked very odd.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app