BBC: "Fault Grounds Aircraft At Cornwall Royal Navy Base"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Aug 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: BBC: "Fault Grounds Aircraft At Cornwall Royal Navy Base

RNAS Culdrose... HMS Seahawk :wink: :wink: Suppose the Red Arrows are grounded as well???
  2. Re: BBC: "Fault Grounds Aircraft At Cornwall Royal Navy Base

Not an uncommon event in the air world where aircraft safety is a priority.
    I remember the Lynx being grounded in about 83 for brunneling on the tail rotor bearing (brunneling was bruising of the bearing).
    The aircraft was later allowed to fly after inspections where carried out. These inspections were then introduced into the maintenance schedule. Whether the bearings were replaced bu a different type I have no idea.
    However not a big story and I would think that once checks have been carried out the aircraft will soon be fling once more :p
  3. Wonder how much this'll effect the Thursday war?
  4. Isn't the Thursday war flying carried out by civvies?
  5. Re: BBC: "Fault Grounds Aircraft At Cornwall Royal Navy Base

So does that mean that they haven't been doing their job properly until now?
    The fault was obviously there before.
  6. Flight Refueling based at Bournemouth Hurn carry out some of the flying roles, simulated missile attacks and ECM for example. They fly Falkons but not the F16 variety!!!!
  7. As and ex woo engineer, I am confused here. Isnt that like our job to find defects???? And being an ex bombhead too, ejection seats were part of it!
  8. Heavens no! And spoil those nice Part 5 pages with problems!!!!!

Aviation is all about 'tiffin' and chocks away into the bright blue yonder!!!! :lol: :lol:
  9. Growbags find/imagine the faults, woo's pen them.
    If it aint broke don't fix it. :D
  10. remnds me of my lastyear on 801 - penning faults - we penned all the flex-ops as well, didnt lose a single one.
  11. Good going!! I always manage to lose pens!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: