BBC, EOD Comedy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by daffy1, May 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think I will wait to see how the program treats the subject before booking my ticket for the outrage bus
  2. Absolutely outrageous, appalling, totally uncalled for, just sick! That's what I think of this Daily Mail article.

There is nothing wrong with this sort of programme (IMO) whether it is a comedy or a drama or a documentary. I wouldn't mind betting a number of EOD personnel are actually looking forward to it and, if it is done well, as a good number of BBC comedy programmes have been in the past - including those touching on "delicate" subjects, it could do a lot of good raising the profile of these heroes.
  3. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it. The beeb have done alright in the past, even Herr Flick of the Gestapo was funny.
  4. Forces humour is sick anyway but I will wait. If its anything like Four Lions who knows.
  5. Seems like some of the commenters on that page are already boarding the outrage bus... personally I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like!
  6. bomb.jpg

cough cough
  7. I'll wait and see before I jump onto the outrage bus.... or do we have to wait for the doors to open for us nowadays? Health and safety an' all that ...
  8. Looking forward to it, if only to annoy my wife when I criticise the technical content.

"In you go, Sir. I'll stay here to record what went wrong and time of death."
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I seem to recall that the outrage bus ended up with broken suspension after loads of people (mainly civvies) jumped on it after smug faced unfunny twat Jimmy Carr made a comment about the Paralympic team clearing up gold medals because of all the service personnel being in it. Oddly enough, a lot of my oppos (two of whom are disabled due to injuries received) agreed with him and had said much the same themselves. It seems these civvies are doing the same again. I, for one, reserve judgement until i have viewed it myself. Already this is having the same effect as the Brass Eye special on Paedophiles did. Anyone else remember that one?
  11. Any links?

In any event making a fuss about Paedophiles is Childish:slow:

Edited to ask:- Would one have to jump on the Outrage School Bus?
  12. One of the greatest moments in television comedy.

What made it even funnier was the reaction of the moronic media (and the humourless censors) who didn't realise that it was they that were being laughed at, not kiddie fiddlers.