BBC: "Duchess Of Cornwall To Officially Open New Armed Forces Medical Training Base"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, May 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. _74705917_dms75.jpg

"The new armed forces medical training base for the UK is to be officially opened by the Duchess of Cornwall.
    Doctors and nurses who treat military personnel are now trained at the former Whittington Barracks near Lichfield, Staffordshire.

The duchess is due to unveil a plaque, attend an official reception and have a tour, after arriving at 14:00 BST.

The Defence Medical Services (DMS) facility replaces one at Keogh Barracks, Aldershot, Hampshire."

BBC News - Duchess of Cornwall to officially open new armed forces medical training base

2. I take it this means that Fort Blockhouse and Haslar are now consigned to history?

3. Haslar certainly - Medical Branch Training moved from Haslar to Keogh yonks ago - not sure about INM though although not strickly a training facility so perhaps will stay where it is.

4. I thought Blockhouse still had a tri-service component or is it just the SETT people there now?

5. Not sure! Thinking about it I think Monkton used to be IMN and Air Med was Seafield Park but when the latter closed I think they moved in with INM - whether that moved up to Blockhouse with the SETT guys (but I thought they went to Devonport) I'm not sure - Air Med probably went to Yeoviilton - but dim and distant past so may be talking complete and utter b*llocks!

6. SETT guys are still there.

7. INM & AMB are prob together still ( needs to be close to AIB). Prob still at Alverstoke. Woo"s would know where Air Med is.but doubt its all moved to DMS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app