BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video ..!!

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to see the older guys going for it, best of luck to them both.

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

In the context of the Raleigh shut down .. rather sad.

3. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

I can't believe with the current waiting times that people choose to leave after just one day. That has to be a decision you'll later regret.

4. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

Im sure it is harder to do it in 14.19 than it is to just pass it. **** me how unfit are some people.
    Can somebody tell that wren peter beardsley wants his chin back.

5. Oh my fucking god! 14.19 how can he even let himself that go during his waiting period to get in.

And as for the chump who left after one day " I hate being away from my family" Why did he even think about joining in the first place.

Good to see the mongs still going through.

Good luck to the older ones too. Wish them the best.

6. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

part 4 is up now!

7. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

Seems the instructers are very shouty and lacking somewhat in wit during the bollockings.

Was it ever thus or am I wearing rose-tinted ear-defenders?

8. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

Yes, plus they're on camera so have to be careful with what's said. The bit's where instructors giving bollockings seem to struggle for words or trip over their words is lip biting as they can't say what they usually say.

Good PR and all that old bean.

9. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

i thought exactly that .... its a bit of a kick in the teeth for the ones like me that have to wait another year and 1/2 till i can step foot in Raleigh :(.... man up 8O

10. Re: BBC Cornwall:" New Recruits Join HMS Raleigh" c/w video

ahahahhaha i couldnt help but laugh at this ..... im a girl and i can beat him i do it comfortably in 11 mins that must be a embarrasment and it was on tv ... unlucky ... infact i think i could walk it in that time maybe even crawl it :D

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

How long was each episode when it was aired, an hour? It doesn't make the RN look as bad a usual.

12. I think that each clip you can see was an actual episode in itself, Witsend, no longer than that. They were shown as a short item on the BBC's Spotlight programme, which is the South-West's equivalent of, say, Reporting Scotland, i.e. the regional magazine programme at 1830.

Of course, there will have been a lot more footage and it will have been edited down.

13. witsend

Thanks soleil. Shame, it looks good PR for a change.

14. It does, doesn't it?

There's another programme for you to enjoy shortly, Witsend; "Heston's Mission Impossible" - Channel 4 - Heston Blumenthal spends time with the Royal Navy, looking at the meals on offer to Royal Navy personnel.

15. I've been watching the episode each week and enjoyed the little insight, well done to those that passed out, I wonder if those that left at the first minute have that sick feeling you get in your stomach when you realise it could of been you??

16. witsend

:lol: He's not going to like what he finds. The RN's dinner ladies dishing up soup & 2.

17. i cant wait for this to start :D my boyfriends on it as he is training as a chef and Heston spent a few days a Raleigh with them teaching them some things :D i reckon it will be really interesting ...