BBC: "Aircraft Carrier Bill To Increase By £500m"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Oct 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Non story, the cost of the cats and traps is more than offset by the lesser cost of F35C over F35B

2. Although I can never understand where the 4 year delay came from, although it's a different type of ship altogether, they built the other new Queen Elizabeth in 6 months, how is it going to take 10 years?

3. I think you mean, "Thank you, Soleil, for drawing the attention of users of this RN-focused website to yet another news story of particular relevance to the RN."

4. well said N-G :D

5. Lucky we all know which N-G you mean lol

6. :D

7. So why are you still here? - gilipolla.

You are obviously a very bitter and twisted individual - if you give me your address I'll send you as many pills as it takes from my local farmacia, which sells everything. That way you can do the decent thing.

Goodbye.

8. Normong - noone is forced to use this site. If you dislike it so much, then perhaps it may be in the interests of your wellbeing to go elsewhere.

I, for one, am very grateful to Soleil for drawing my attention to RN-related articles in various publications I would not normally read.

9. This site has been ruined by newbies asking bone questions and some of the older members constantly going on about 'there day', even if it has no real reason in that tread.
    There's not enough threads on this site about sensible current RN matters.

10. And Mong.If you dislike Sol's links why do you always open them and then comment?
    Would you be available to test a large vacuum packing machine I have access to?

11. :roll: Nice one Danny :lol: :lol: The law requires car tyres to have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm

12. Ditto, being across the pond and in a non-RN isloated environment it certainly aids being 'kept in the loop'

13. Normong, this is a forum right?

A place to discuss things, no matter how trivial they might be. Its always nice to know what shit the press are pushing out, as unfortuantly a large amount of the populus are drawn into said shit, believe it and base their opinions on it.

Keep it up soleil!

14. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I find Soleil's contributions interesting and informative. Thank you Sol for your efforts.

Pity Danny can't start threads of his own if he doesn't like other people's.

Pity that Norman excrement is still breathing.

15. Back in my day if you'd said that in the grot....er... :wink:

Normong the guest to members ratio on the site has always been high, some members lurk while at work or only log on when they want to add to the debate, some non members just lurk to get the gen they need and don't feel the need to join.
    I don't think Sol posting relevant news items ie about the RN or Defence has any affect on membership or lack there of.
    Therefore kindly Do one.

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I fully concur with NZB, however I would have just said " fcuk off dopey" not written an essay. :p

17. I dont need to Sol does it. :)