BBC 3 Our War in Afghanistan series

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Jun 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC3 2100 Tonight.

It’s easy to see why the Ministry of Defence was nervous when the BBC asked if the military wouldn’t mind handing over thousands of hours of unedited footage shot by soldiers themselves in Afghanistan.
    The footage, all captured by different soldiers’ helmet cameras, is as raw and unflinching as any yet seen from the nearly-decade old conflict.

Link.

2. One to watch tonight.

3. Worthy of a watch but why on BBC 3 the so-called "Yoof" channel surely it is something that should be on BBC1 or BBC2.To be fair it has been well trailed on the mainstream channels but nevertheless it still gives the appearance of being tucked away.

4. Did anyone watch this last night? It paints a graphic picture of what's happening in Afghan on a daily basis and it portrayed the reality of war to the non military types amonst us. Its on again next week and highly worth watching for those that could end up in that shit hole of a country.

Its on BBC I player for anyone that missed it.

Thoughts anyone?

5. Righty then, I've got a day off today might see if I can look that one up on demand.

6. __________________________________________________________________________________________
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

As only to be expected, our Brethren at ARRSE have a fuller discussion going.

Respect.

"Our War" BBC3 Raw Helmet Cam Footage

7. I watched it last night.An incredible insight into what must be a thankless job.The war in Afghanistan is clearly taking a terrible toll on the guys on the frontline there both in terms of fatalities and longterm mental problems.