BBC: "£14bn St Athan Defence Academy Plan Axed"

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Goodbye (I hope to the totally fatuous argument by analogy that because X does 'engineering' and Y does 'engineering' they must need to learn exactly the same things. Appealed to the shallow civilian mind I suppose.

The only people that wanted to move the training to St Athan were the politicians as a job creation scheme.It was a PFI scheme too far which has already cost the public purse megabucks.I suspect the only ones sad to hear of it's demise are all the acountants and advisors who fiddled the figures to make it look a viable option in the first place.

Seadog

War Hero
does that mean my three year loaf (fulfilling draft as a DO) at SULTAN is back on now.
Gosport and Fareham will be breathing a sigh of relief. 'Joint' is all well and good and even has its place in education and training but marine engineering, miles from the nearest ship? And there isn't much synergy going on with humptity dumpity army truck engines and their maintainers and BFO umpteen MW diesels and HV generation and their maintainer/operators.

Looks like I may have not seen the last of SULTAN either. A third footbridge or a tunnel looks more likely now!

Idle speculation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Current Affairs 17
D Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
Shakey The Quarterdeck 4