Basic training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Nik2015, Jul 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Royal Navy Questions - UK's #1 Community: Navy, Marines, Army, RAF

I know I am way of this yet but I like to keep my head clear as to what I am doing. But my question is. Why do they test you for Maths and English in the basic training? And along side this I want to know is there like a minimum mark you are allowed to achieve? I got C in English but D in Maths so what would they do with me. I also have key skill qualifications in Maths and English.

I am just wondering I would hate to have to go through all the tests and then flunk it on a maths exam. Especially considering in the booklet it said no qualifications were necessary for what I wanted to do.

This has been asked previously. I checked for it but all I got was a thread that appeared to be people arguing so thought I would re-post it.

So how does the above work and thanks for any answers.
  2. Fail. .........
  3. Have you thought about going into the AFCO and asking these questions? Prepare to be bombarded with abuse!
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The tests are used to whittle out all the dumbfcuks from joining up. It used to be a good system then someone invented the internet.
  5. If you have to ask you've already failed.
  6. Because the bumderhead doesn't like the answers he got on the other one!