basic training?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dogfish, May 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all
    is basic 8 weeks or 9 weeks, I remember the recruiter said is was changeing but I can remember when.
    does any body know when?
  2. Does it matter?
  3. I travel to plymouth for my basic training on 10th of jun and i'm doing 8 weeks, not sure when it's changing but as hig said, it doesn't really matter
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The first entry in September 2007 should undergo 9 weeks phase one training. And then "pass in" having lobbed their caps skywards at the end of their "passing out" parade. (just checked!)

It maybe of import to those families booking time off work to attend the parade.
  5. hi
    my partner starts basic on the 17th June, just wanted to know what week she finish so I can get the time off.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Be carefull on this one- remember she may be back-classed in order to pass certain elements of training that need redressing.

The very earliest she'll "pass in, out, shake-it-all about" is Friday 14 September. But it could be a week or two later depending how she gets on.

(HMS Raleigh closes for Summer leave 3 Aug to 3 Sept- so she'll be home during this time)
  7. No doubt she will be able to give you a good indication when she reaches the half way point or so. Best advice on top of what Ninja said is to explain to your boss and see if he / she is willing to be flexible.

8. is there a limit to the amount of friends/family that can come to your passing out parade?
  9. there isn't a limit unless it's held inside due to bad weather conditions but even then there was a huge amount of empty seats.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

About 4 acres worth.

Just be sensible -remember others want to bring their friends & family too, so don't be selfish. When you join your instructor will advise what is considered an acceptable amount. Once you & your classmates give approximate numbers of those confirmed attending, they can then work out how many spare places are available.

My advice: Mum, Dad, Partner & Siblings. Leave the parrot & gerbil at home.
  11. thanx! Ninja_stoker