basic training

My son has got his entry date of Feb 3rd 2020. Could anyone tell me roughly when Passing out might be? I've tried to work it out but Easter holidays fall in the 10 weeks.
I have booked a holiday for 26/4 and don't want to miss him passing out.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
I’m sure someone familiar with RAL routines will be along shorty. I believe they have two weeks Easter leave. So add the rest on to that.

I’m ashore are present so can’t look at my diary to work out dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, just trying to work it out, if he starts on 3/2 and does 9weeks before easter leave and goes back on 20/4 to do week 10 will passing out be on Friday 24th?

fishhead

War Hero
So, just trying to work it out, if he starts on 3/2 and does 9weeks before easter leave and goes back on 20/4 to do week 10 will passing out be on Friday 24th?
It is likely but only if the training goes to plan. If he was to fall sick or be back classed for any reason it could be later.

DarkPurple

Midshipman
@Tiggle1723

Hi there,

As far as I’ve been told the last day of Easter term at Raleigh is 3 Apr, so your son will complete week 9 and then return to Raleigh on 19 Apr to do week 10, so that means his pass-out will be Fri 24 Apr.

While most recruits go straight through the 10 weeks, others sometimes pick up an injury or struggle with an aspect of training, so they get training extended.

My nephew has the same start date as your son, so all going well, they’ll pass-out on the same day.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
We have moved holiday to a month later....hopefully this will be fine. To stressful leaving it as was. Didn't want him to be under any extra pressure either...!!
Fingers crossed for both of them