Basic Training Start Date at HMS Raleigh

Got my start date yesterday of 19th June.. anyone else going in around this time?
Still need to attend the PRNC and waiting for the date for that!

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Whilst you're waiting you can look at the forum a little more closely and find the threads everyone else uses for prnc and Raleigh joining dates.

Even with that fitness programme, I personally don't think it reflects anywhere near the ability needed! Saying that it may have seemed worse because there was so much phys packed into a few days

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Even with that fitness programme, I personally don't think it reflects anywhere near the ability needed! Saying that it may have seemed worse because there was so much phys packed into a few days
That's one of the main things about PRNC, it gives the individual a good insight of what to expect in Initial Naval Training at Raleigh.

We still see individuals rocking-up at Raleigh with a high BMI who fail the swim test or the run, unfortunately. As the saying goes; Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Best of luck this time around.

B

Billy Q

That's one of the main things about PRNC, it gives the individual a good insight of what to expect in Initial Naval Training at Raleigh.

We still see individuals rocking-up at Raleigh with a high BMI who fail the swim test or the run, unfortunately. As the saying goes; Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Best of luck this time around.
Perhaps the only alternative is to ask RCNC to design warships with larger X and Y openings

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Perhaps the only alternative is to ask RCNC to design warships with larger X and Y openings
Funny you should say that. Circular escape hatches have increased in diameter, post Falklands. Notably T22s onward.

On my ship, it was oft stated one of the more portly stokers would never get through an escape hatch. He proved them wrong when a bomb came into the boiler room, splitting an HP saturated steam pipe.

That said, I swear my ears popped as he exited the boiler room escape hatch.

Latest Threads