Basic Training Start Date at HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Inked_K, Mar 1, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my start date yesterday of 19th June.. anyone else going in around this time?
    Still need to attend the PRNC and waiting for the date for that!
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Whilst you're waiting you can look at the forum a little more closely and find the threads everyone else uses for prnc and Raleigh joining dates.
  3. i go for my PRNC next week, got my start date; 22nd May. ill be there when you are haha
  4. Good luck! The PRNC was hideous lol
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not if everyone follows the pre joining fitness programme, the PRNC briefing notes, the advice from the careers office and physically prepare as briefed - about 90-95% pass first time on average.
  6. Even with that fitness programme, I personally don't think it reflects anywhere near the ability needed! Saying that it may have seemed worse because there was so much phys packed into a few days
  7. Ninja_Stoker

That's one of the main things about PRNC, it gives the individual a good insight of what to expect in Initial Naval Training at Raleigh.

We still see individuals rocking-up at Raleigh with a high BMI who fail the swim test or the run, unfortunately. As the saying goes; Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Best of luck this time around.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Perhaps the only alternative is to ask RCNC to design warships with larger X and Y openings
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Funny you should say that. Circular escape hatches have increased in diameter, post Falklands. Notably T22s onward.

On my ship, it was oft stated one of the more portly stokers would never get through an escape hatch. He proved them wrong when a bomb came into the boiler room, splitting an HP saturated steam pipe.

That said, I swear my ears popped as he exited the boiler room escape hatch.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1