Basic Training Advice

Alright guys,

I leave for Raleigh on Sunday. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I’m fit as **** and can use an iron so I’m just looking for some general tips.

Cheers troops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, but I’ve seen all these on here. I’m looking for some new info. You know, some first hand experiences.

Why don't you message the posters of the Week 1 Week 4 threads. They may have the time to give you what you need!!!

Guys (and girls) you are ALL overthinking this! It is not exactly one size fits all. It will be a bit tight on some, a bit loose on others, but for most, it will fit just great.

For most, it is the first big steps in life - leaving home, leaving loved ones, getting a job. With the added benefits of people ripping into you and shouting at you for a few weeks!

For most, it will make you for others...... meh.

Those that stick the course and career will end up PSOFs who keep banging on about how good it was. Don't believe me? Just look at some of the RN orientated sites on Faceache.

Ears and eyes open, gob shut. When told to jump ask how high.

Ditch the mobile for a while!

Guys (and girls) you are ALL overthinking this! It is not exactly one size fits all. It will be a bit tight on some, a bit loose on others, but for most, it will fit just great.

For most, it is the first big steps in life - leaving home, leaving loved ones, getting a job. With the added benefits of people ripping into you and shouting at you for a few weeks!

For most, it will make you for others...... meh.

Those that stick the course and career will end up PSOFs who keep banging on about how good it was. Don't believe me? Just look at some of the RN orientated sites on Faceache.

Ditch the mobile for a while!
This just convinced me to launch my phone at a baby passing by. Thank you, my dude.

This.

Also, integrity - don't do anything daft when you think nobody's watching. Chances are someone will be, maybe even me.

Of course, you should be behaving because of your own high personal standards and not just because the training team have eyes and ears everywhere...

Alright guys,

I leave for Raleigh on Sunday. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I’m fit as **** and can use an iron so I’m just looking for some general tips.

Cheers troops!

Using your actual name as your user name is not a good idea..

Raleigh is a bit short of generals - but being ‘fit as ****’ you may get a tip from a classmate.

Play your cards right.
Yeah mate, just having a bit of banter. I’ve realised from selection, when it comes to it, I can shut up and just get on with it. I’ll take Raleigh as it comes and try my hardest not to get spotted by the third eye of truth. Cheers for the advice troops!

Yeah mate, just having a bit of banter. I’ve realised from selection, when it comes to it, I can shut up and just get on with it. I’ll take Raleigh as it comes and try my hardest not to get spotted by the third eye of truth. Cheers for the advice troops!

It's an adventure Bal , give it 100% and enjoy it.

'101 - At RR you come across as a confident, prepped-up type but just be aware that there will be others much younger and more likely to suffer under pressure...

Suggest you keep a quiet eye on those who might be struggling and pitch up to help 'em along.

Teamwork, innit - Geddit? Gottit? Good!