Basic hand washing?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SRT1, Sep 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was going through my kit list and, under general guidance it says I should learn basic hand washing skills. Are there people who make it through the application process but don't know how to use a bit of soap, water and the occasional nail brush or am I missing something?
  2. Hand washing clothes as far as I can gather.
  3. Crap, you're right. That makes a lot more sense and fits the context.
  4. Because of course that is a particularly hard skill to master.
  5. This is the proper way of dhobeying. This is how kit is washed in HMS Raleigh's Dhobey Compartment.

6. Please note: female nozzers are allowed to use automatic washing machines to dhoby their smalls!
  7. Pussers hard and a deck scrubber, those were the days. I don't suppose the materials used today would stand up to anything but a gentle wash cycle.

I take it from the photo that the building faced East.
  8. They seem to be bowing down to Mecca!
  9. I believe he's implying the look like praying muslims, what with Mecca being East and all that crap. 8O

I bet I'm way off

Fcuking get in :lol:
  10. Eh?

Vivid imagination there.
  11. Just happen to have travelled a bit and learnt about multi-culturism
  12. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Brings it all back! :wink:
  13. Brilliant!

Eats, shoots and leaves!
  14. One appears to have his arse pointing east 8O 8O 8O
  15. He's an Unorthodox Muslim ;)
  16. It seems perverse to me that sailors wore WHITE trousers for washing. Surely BLUE shorts would have been better? :roll:

That Pusser for you! :lol:
  17. Why?

Doesn't blue get wet?
  18. Blue doesn't show the DIRT! Also Pussers Navy Blue Shorts NEVER get wet..... cause they're waterproof on the inside...... :D
  19. Blue makes whites look whiter, ask the old and bold about "blue bags" apart from use in laundry grannies used em for their blue rinse hair doos :?