Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Buddon Range

yamyamdabber

War Hero
Hello Shipmates,

Hoping to draw from the great experience of people on this site with this question.

Got told earlier that I have to go to Barry Buddon Camp in a couple of weeks for the new BCC (that thing that is replacing NAPWT/NACMT). Just wondering seen as this place seems to be a Pongo place if anyone knows anything about it, i.e is it Matlot friendly (pubs, good scran, etc) or is it just a field that ill have to live in for a week??

Any info welcome.

YamYamDabber

Barry Buddon Ranges accomodation has been upgraded and is quite modern. Ranges area is quite large for all types of weapon and training
of Army /service persons.
Dundee is quite near as is Carnoustie and Monifieth for getting "ashore" if you want . But Car or own transport needed because I don't think a public bus service runs through the ranges----maybe mini buses do transport in the evenings.
Might be better posting on ARRSE for more informed replies .
I shoot there usually once a month -never stayed on the camp

G

soleil

War Hero
Hello Shipmates,

Hoping to draw from the great experience of people on this site with this question.

Got told earlier that I have to go to Barry Buddon Camp in a couple of weeks for the new BCC (that thing that is replacing NAPWT/NACMT). Just wondering seen as this place seems to be a Pongo place if anyone knows anything about it, i.e is it Matlot friendly (pubs, good scran, etc) or is it just a field that ill have to live in for a week??

Any info welcome.

YamYamDabber

There are three RN Careers Advisors based in Dundee who probably know the local area like the backs of their hands - if you draw a blank with anything you would like to know in particular, I'm sure they would help:

dundee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Mali: Barry Lowen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry opened into Barry Green Memorial Fund following governance and financial management concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Barry Panayi appointed as Ofgem Non-Executive Director MoD News 0
B Hi Shipmates,anyone know Barry Dean 1964-1976 Social & Reunions 3
soleil Barry & District News: "RNR Officer From Barry Returns Home From Afghanistan" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
MoD_RSS Sergeant Barry Weston killed in Afghanistan Current Affairs 0
soleil Wales Online: "Royal Navy Warship To Take Part In Barry Waterfront Festival" The Fleet 3
B Trying to find Barry Edward Adams Submariners 1
Topstop Barry Manilow. Diamond Lil's 10
dondon BARRY Miscellaneous 0
soleil N. News: Barry Goes From Albert Square To The Parade Ground Bases / Shore Est 4
Naval_Gazer HMS Ramsey visits Barry this weekend The Fleet 1
soleil HMS Blyth to visit Barry Waterfront Festival (5/6 Sept 2009) The Fleet 3
Scarface2009 Gareth Barry signs for Manchester City Sports and Adventure Training 5
D Charity Appeal - Mr Barry Normandy Vet Charity 4
D HMS Cambridge gunnery range photos Bases / Shore Est 15
MoD_RSS Security, stability and the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Four companies awarded grant funding to develop commercial range control services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Three companies awarded grant funding to develop commercial range control services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government encourages range of industries to prepare for chemical use in the event of a no-deal EU exit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Strengthened protection for Poole Harbour's unique range of wildlife MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: The new space age: more than £900,000 for education and range control to support Launch UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: NATO Foreign Ministers' Statement on the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty MoD News 0
C Range advantage Submariners 5
MoD_RSS News story: ‘Top of the range’ military training facility opened at Garelochhead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD signs £146 million contract to upgrade RAF’s long-range missile MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New contract to support the RAF’s long range missiles MoD News 0
C Maximum Chop Range? The Quarterdeck 21
MoD_RSS News story: Game old bird thrives on MOD firing range MoD News 0
3 Range of weights available? Submariners 48
R12_CV Q for any Range Staff out there. The Fleet 8
S Otterburn Weapons Range Current Affairs 0
S Transfer of Civvy Range quals to the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R FAT-High range score? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Y Royal Navy Torpedo Range Arrochar The Quarterdeck 1
golden_rivet the latest in the RAF range Diamond Lil's 9
stan_the_man Rupert the dog Fraser Gunnery Range Bases / Shore Est 17
scouse Buccaneer crash Tain range 1965 The Fleet Air Arm 7
W Fraser Gunnery Range (fmr HMS St George) Bases / Shore Est 15