Baron Young of Graffham walks the plank

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Multi-millionaire Lord Howler Young has resigned as an advisor to 'Shandy Man' after stating, "Britons had "never had it so good" in this "so-called recession".

Much as his arrogant out of touch statement aggravates me as least he has done the right thing, unlike Woolas who does not have the decency to just disappear.
  2. I think he said it last year, too, when it was statistically true. With Inflation above my savings interest rates, though, I do beg to differ.
  3. The man stated the truth, as was confirmed by a couple of men interviewed in a pub. One stated that he had a tracker mortgage and was not feeling the pinch at all.
    As a pensioner with some accrued savings the revers is of course true for me. The interest rated are diabolical for savers :cry:
  4. Slim. Do you feel that we are being punished for our thrift and not being among (no, not a mong!) the countless wastrels who borrowed every penny they could with no provision for their twilight years?

It also gripped mine when they started taxing Insurance. My endowment policy was most grateful; not.