Bar in Liverpool Bars Royal Marines who attended funeral

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Father_Famine, Nov 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is starting to be a recurring theme - first Harrods now this. I find the comment about aggressive behaviour hard to believe - only a very stupid matelot etc. misbehaves in rig.

Another sign this country is secretly ashamed of its Armed Forces? Probably.

A disgrace.

2. It is to be hoped that the Scousers give Walkabout a stiff ignoring.

Could any policy be a more calculated snub to British Servicemen and women. Liverpool has always been a rich seam for recruitment and I think that this plastic Aussie hostelry may well have miscalculated. I'd be more impressed with the management's attempt to repair the damage if they invited these lads back for a free lunch, along with anyone else from Cpl Nowak's Unit, as long as they all wear uniform.

Come on Liverpool, show 'em what you're made of!

3. Can I suggest that anyone who feels bad about this contacts Walkabout Head Office. Their website has a contact address for comments.

4. I'm sorry, I've just read this and I'm totally disgusted with it! Hopefully this will be shown to the wider audience amongst us! I have been to a few funerals in rig and have never been turned away from any drinking establishment. Again we seem to be a minority that is not PC.

5. Just seen this and I am FCUKING RAGING!!!

Who do these bastards think they are? I for one will most definitely be contact Walkabout on Monday morning, to give them a serious fckn de-brief.

6. ******* *******. Portsmouth has an Outback bar that needs to be boycotted,...

7. Ferkinstinks! They're all chanting when WE are winning wars for em!!

Green Death

8. That has given me the right hump. I would like to think that if I was in rig (have applied to RNR) that I wouldn't get turned away from a pub. There is a Walkabout in Croydon (where I live) and I am tempted to pop down there and vent my spleen at them. Bunch of w*ankers.

stab

9. This is my first message but agree with all the others. The lads work their bull--ks off in some smitten country they don't want to be in, just doing their jobs, but rejected at home. This is the over PC Britain we live in today and it stinks.

10. Well in Guz there's Kularoos (?sp) across the road from Walkabout, with a sign at the door welcoming all members of HM Armed Forces and waiving the door charge for them. Always preferred it to Walkabout anyway...

11. Nice to see that some things haven't changed since the 60/70s. La Dolce Vita night club in Newcastle upon Tyne had a similar policy. Servicemen in uniform had free admittance. Mind Newcastle was always a good run

12. thats my comment email to them.

Bast$£ds

never drinking there again

13. It has always depended on the publican and their attitudes. When I was in the ROC in the 80s our local forbade us to use the pub in uniform because we represented, in the landlord's opinion "warmongers" so we took our custom elsewhere. It was his loss!

In this case it is more reprehensible becuase of the circumstances, but is sadly legal as a landlord is entitled to refuse entry to whoever he or she chooses. A boycott of ALL the chains pubs by Service personnel and their friends and families, and the publicity, might make Head Office rethink it approach to the wearing of uniforms however. As the Christians have shown with BA - the best way to make businesses responsive is to loudly protest, ensure the chain gets lots of bad publicity for bigotry - and lose custom.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

14. We all know what these little people are like with their petty minded rules and a room temperature I.Q. to match, I know that not a single one of them would ever measure up to any of those men in uniform who gathered to send off their mate.

Wounded in the same incident that killed his oppo a comrade drags himself from his sick bed into his blues, face plastered, jaw wired up, tube in his nose to help him feed, (visibly in pain) so that he can do the right thing, the honourable thing, just that one image of courage will show that the "little people" will always be just that, tiny and insignificant, never coming close to matching the stature of a man like this.

The bar probably doesent give a toss (it has it's "one size fits all" petty rule book in place with moronic individuals to enforce them) Royal took his custom to a place that was happy to have him, nothing stops a man in blues gathering with his oppo's to say goodbye.

Duty, courage, pride, dignity? "little people" would't know the meaning of any of them.

Safe haven Cpl Nowak R.M.

15. as knowing the doormen from around all the bars in concert sq if they feel thretened they dont let ppl in well mood, the office, lloyds dont anyway. but bar suede and modo do.

its disgracefull, no respect to any uniform.

16. Ditto

17. This is because local muslims might be offended by the sight of a fighting machine in uniform and go running to the race relations board :twisted:

BIG DEAL :!: :!: :!:

18. It's their loss, but like as been said, probably don't give a toss!!
    Never come across a place before that have refused entry because of rig.
    Tossers!!