Banksy

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by seafarer1939, Sep 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've always wanted to paint but can't. Bought a expensive paint set,easel,good brushes etc but it's a no go.
    Tried to paint the wife but she thu a wobbler saying I painted her wrinkles,in fact is was the paint dripping down the canvas!
    Tried painting HMS Barham as it exploded,ended up with a red sea and two bits of firewood floating on the surface.
    Never had time for modern art,dribble some drops of paint on a canvas and label it “RN seaman getting a BJ in the paint locker†,sell it for a fortune but!
    Having looked at Banksy's graffiti art in the Sun today I think the man is a genius,no wonder his graffiti sells for up to a million.
    Time to buy some spray cans I reckon!

2. Graffiti thats criminal damage isn't it ?

3. agreed banksy is extremly talented...his/her/there art work is quality

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What is art? Something you like and admire or something you're told to like and admire?

We all see things differently, my favourite painting I could point to but haven't got a clue who did it. is art an act? if so I've done my fair share of that. Is art a stupid imitation?

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm Banksy. Well, i am now as my tenure on Top Gear is up.

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bog off, the stig wears white, like a pongo could turn up week in week out looking freshly laundered and fragrant.

7. wow...thats some deep sh*t...wise words kind sir

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My brother works in a bleach factory.

9. That's interesting. Did he ever meet a ships' chandler and general store owner in Portsmouth called Timothy White?

10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Got to agree with Hermes, no matter how talented he is it's still vandalism.