Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by entwistlesj, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

So I posted a topic last night about drink driving and now thats been cleared up something else has been bugging me a bit.

When I lost my licence and such implications were involved I had to file for bankruptcy as I had a load I coldnt continue to pay after losing my job (a long sting of dominoes from one stupid mistake) and am under the impression that being bankrupt is going to be a hindrance until I am discharged.

Is this right?

2. I'm who?

I've found the person you think im masquerading as and no I'm not him lol.
    Compare out IP addresses if you want to be sure.

3. the foreign legion is the outfit you are looking for. They harbour all sorts of people. Sadly for you, the RN doesn't.
    Try using the search function.

4. Burger King ?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes.

6. Thanks.
    I did search the site before posting but I couldnt find a clear cut answer to the question.

And thanks to the guys above not sure what use you thought snide replies might be.

But cheers Ninja_Stoker.

7. The replies were not in any way snide. They were members opinions of you and the way you have conducted your life so far.
    With your track record many on here would not be too keen on serving with you

8. Yes but the fact is I have made a mistake in my life which has had implications and I regret it every single day. It has not made life easy for me and I was young and foolish and I am still young but there's not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that I have not learned from it.

Don't people believe in second chances?

9. HaHaHaHa!

Please excuse me while I dry my eyes.

I remember the bollocking I got because a hire car company sent the invoice to my parents address, not the ship. The SO tried to ream me a new ******** when they complained to him.

Imagine the fun he could have with you!

10. I'm not asking you to dry your eyes or feel sorry. I couldn't care less it's for me to deal with and I was askance on advice not sympathy.

11. Good cos if you're looking for Sympathy you will find it in the dictionary.
    It lies somewhere between shit and syphilis.

12. Everyone makes mistakes-it's calling being human-it's in our DNA. What counts is learning from your mistakes so you don't make them again in the future.

13. I was going to tap him for a sub, and now you, you b*stard have upset him :cry: :cry: :D :wink:

14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm finding it hard to comprehend how you can be done for drunk driving and it causes you to become bankrupt. Chauffeur who just bought his own limo business?

15. It'll take more than words on a forum to upset me.

16. No I was working for a catering company delivering foods to businesses. So without my licence I lost my job.

17. witsend

The local Chinese must have been devastated. :wink:

18. Pizza?

19. witsend

Imagine the shame of having to hand back your Dominos sign. :oops:

20. Hang on a minute.

So, you've lost your driving license through pure stupidity.

You've not got a bank account because you can't handle money.

Remind me again what the attraction is to employ you?