Bank Holidays

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by seanie88, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok just a quick question :)

if you have a bank holiday in the middle or start of your basic training how does it affect when you pass out if at all ??

and also what will you be doing ??will we carry on as normal or do nothing ?? as i have a bank holiday the monday of my second week.

any help will be great thanks :)
  2. :roll: :roll: You will find that all ships and training establishments in the Andrew stop for Bank holidays, and have a make and mend :oops: :oops: :oops:
  3. A bank holiday during training is just like any other day of the week. Carry on as normal.
  4. ahh thats ok then don't like the idea off having nothing to do and no money lol
  5. Holy fcuking sh1t.
  6. Another great newbie question! I love 'em. Keep them coming! :lol:

PS: Now that the bankers has covered themselves in scrambled egg I really don't think the buggers deserve any bank holidays. They're civil serpents now and can work bank holidays like other public sector workers such as doctors, nurses, policepersons and members of the armed forces! :twisted:
  7. Yeah agree with Thingy: Can well imagine what the public would say if our surgeons said: "Sorry, not operating today cos its a fcking bank holiday, byeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
  8. A lot would depend on if you needed a surgeon, at a guess...

9. I like the cut of your gib ...asking about the holidays before you join will make a fine matelot! :wink:

Tip of the day:-
    before you join up get some practice at drinking and lighting farts
  10. If she was a Matelots' Vanity Surgeon, performing special "operations" with her lips I think she need to be on call 24/7! :D
  11. If she was a Matelots' Vanity Surgeon, performing special "operations" with her lips I think she would need to be on call 24/7! :D
  12. handy having 2 of them on duty Thingy, shortens the Q's
  13. can already light a fart no problem :)

and i dink a lot too actually have a hangover now :-( and i'm at work
  14. ...wot's a hangover ?.
  15. a result of forcing tomany toxin's into you baody repetadly :)

Mainly tequila (hate the stuff)