Banjo

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by geoffg, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wandering if any of our members play a musical instrument, or if anyone is learning to play one.
    I' m just starting to learn a 5 string banjo and it's becoming good fun.
    The banjo forums are full of our american cousins who are only too helpful in their help for a poor beginner.
    I am using David Cavage's FREE video lessons on Musicmoose.org

http://www.musicmoose.org/

Anyone else learning to play an instrument

geoff(ers) :nemo:

2. I believe that Flyboy is a virtuoso on the one eyed piccolo

3. Dammit Yacker ya beat me to it :dwarf: :thumright:

Pol

4. Apologies Pol, seems it's common knowledge then :thumright:

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't forget all of the Booties on the site

6. I opened this finking we were going talk about breafast and other banjo's but no some feckin five string music maker.

Nutty

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Cant beat an egg banjo, fcuk the "deliverance" style banjos...De la ling ling ling ling ling ling ling....

8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Perhaps the female members might be able to help. I gather that most girls have some experience in banjo strumming.....

9. Are you being smutty SF? No change there then!

10. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm sure I don't know what you mean, as what you lot get up to behind the doors of the girl's changing rooms is a mystery to us all..

:lick:

11. That's a bit generous....

12. I play flugel/cornet/trumpet ....been playing since I was six....left it alone whilst in the RN and for a while after I was demobbed, but picked it up again in 1969 and still playing. :boogie:

13. I broke my banjo string last year, not a pretty sight....

Hurt like hell as well

14. still playing alan, you must be exhausted ...... you wanna get hold of the guiness book of world records
    :clap:

15. :pukel: :thumright: :thumright: :biggrin:

16. I feel sick........my eyes are watering.........and my boaby hurts just thinking about it!!

17. Forgot about egg banjos when I started this thread. The thought of walking back to the dockyard from Sembawang ville eatin' a egg banjo brings back memories of a time lost
    geoff(ers) :nemo:

18. Knew a bit of skirt in New Brighton who was a wizard on a ORGAN!! .Up Spirits!!!!!!