BAME and Covid-19

fishhead

War Hero
The attached link to BBC news item covers in some detail the reasons why BAME groups have died as a result of catching Covid-19. I do not seek to suggest that any of them are incorrect but I would suggest that they appear to have overlooked another reason and that is genetics.
Well before this current epidemic it was known that Europeans in particular could be in possession a mutant gene in their white blood cells called CCR5-Delta32. It is thought that this gene has been around for 2000 years and has supplied immunity or lesser effect to some of the medieval plagues and right up to recently HIV/AIDS. If this mutant gene has been having the same effect with the current Covid-19 it would explain why some people have been taken out in days while others have had no discernible ill effects.
This mutant gene has never been detected in people from Eastern Asia, sub-Saharan Africa nor American Indians. The first two of these three groups are precisely the ones that have suffered worst at the hands of covid-19, surely not a coincidence.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
The attached link to BBC news item covers in some detail the reasons why BAME groups have died as a result of catching Covid-19. I do not seek to suggest that any of them are incorrect but I would suggest that they appear to have overlooked another reason and that is genetics.
Well before this current epidemic it was known that Europeans in particular could be in possession a mutant gene in their white blood cells called CCR5-Delta32. It is thought that this gene has been around for 2000 years and has supplied immunity or lesser effect to some of the medieval plagues and right up to recently HIV/AIDS. If this mutant gene has been having the same effect with the current Covid-19 it would explain why some people have been taken out in days while others have had no discernible ill effects.
This mutant gene has never been detected in people from Eastern Asia, sub-Saharan Africa nor American Indians. The first two of these three groups are precisely the ones that have suffered worst at the hands of covid-19, surely not a coincidence.
Blimey, I’ve just re-read that news article about three times!
I’d say there are less porkies on a pussers menu!
Absolutely ridiculous.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Hmmmmm. An interesting idea.I say that because there is a very popular Spanish pain-killer medication (Metamizole/Nolotil) which is allegedly 'not good' for northern Europeans,especially Brits. So much so that the Docs aren't supposed to prescribe/give it to Brits. Have a Google - folk have died.

fishhead

War Hero
Hmmmmm. An interesting idea.I say that because there is a very popular Spanish pain-killer medication (Metamizole/Nolotil) which is allegedly 'not good' for northern Europeans,especially Brits. So much so that the Docs aren't supposed to prescribe/give it to Brits. Have a Google - folk have died.
I have read the reports. But there doesn't seem to be any reasons provided as to why it has an adverse effects in some populations and not others. It is banned in the UK for human use but OK for dogs!