Ballistic submarines

Why have we got 4 ballistic sumarine when there is only 1 at sea all the time and the other ones at base we only need about 2. The money could of gone on something else like the new aircraft carrier, what does everyone else think i might be wrong.
 

Stripey_G

War Hero
You ARE WRONG...and i'm sure the submariners on this site will try to explain why to you, i,m not even going to start! :roll: :roll:
 

stumpy

War Hero
I am not a sun dodger but if one is on patrol, one is getting ready to patrol, one is undergoing training and one is in refit.
 
stumpy said:
I am not a sun dodger but if one is on patrol, one is getting ready to patrol, one is undergoing training and one is in refit.

So stumpy you will only need 3 do you agree so one on patrol when one getting refit the other ramaining one can take over the other one back from patrol true or not?
 

Deeps

War Hero
Spot on Stumpy,For Great Britian to maintain a Strategic Nuclear deterant its need 4 SSBN's .ie 24/7/365. 3 boats with 2 crews and the forth(refit boat) with 1 crew.
 

slim

War Hero
Chicogiz said:
stumpy said:
I am not a sun dodger but if one is on patrol, one is getting ready to patrol, one is undergoing training and one is in refit.

So stumpy you will only need 3 do you agree so one on patrol when one getting refit the other ramaining one can take over the other one back from patrol true or not?

Chico read the answer, you missed the training requirement. Looks like maths isn't your strongest subject. We need 4
 

stumpy

War Hero
Chicogiz said:
stumpy said:
I am not a sun dodger but if one is on patrol, one is getting ready to patrol, one is undergoing training and one is in refit.

So stumpy you will only need 3 do you agree so one on patrol when one getting refit the other ramaining one can take over the other one back from patrol true or not?

Come on Chicogiz, its not rocket science... oh no wait it is...
 

electric_chef

Badgeman
In reality we don't need any, Tony's got his head so far up Georges arse he could just ask George to be our national deterrent!

anyway where's the threat these days now the cold war is over?
 

electric_chef

Badgeman
geoffg said:
electric_chef said:
anyway where's the threat these days now the cold war is over?

I think we should have a whip round to get e_c a telly so he can watch the news
geoff(ers) :???:

It's no good nuke'n the Islamic countries, 'cause half of them aren't at home, they are resident in the UK being educated at the cost to the British tax payer, under the guise of clerics, and religious types.

you can't fight a guerrilla war with 50 megaton nuclear weapons.

the yanks can deal with North Korea and Iran you know they want to!
 

theoldti

Lantern Swinger
Without trying to sound to simplistic, the idea behind having 4 nukes is perfectly well explained above. The reason we have them at all is so this country of ours can remain a BIG TIME PLAYER. Without them we have nothing left and would very quickly get our arses kicked out of the super 7/G8 club and be on level terms with Trinindad and Tobago.
We have a big stick (Trident) and you can come and have a go if you think your hard enough!!!!
 

New Posts

Top