BAD SENSE OF HUMOUR!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Chicogiz, Jan 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE A BAD SENSE OF HUMOUR AND THERE NOT IN THE FORCES WITH THAT BEHAVIOR ANYONE ELSE AGREE?

2. Define a bad sense of humour. If it includes someone laughing at your reference in a previous post to "the service fleet" when you intended "the surface fleet" then mea culpa my sense of humour is wicked.

RM

3. Chances are they HAVE been in the forces,hence the sense of Humour!

4. i Always got told you will not get in with a bad sense of humour

5. Why are you SHOUTING!!!

I would be the first to admit that my sense of humour is "twisted" to say the least, but I put it to you that I am very much in good company wrt the services (well, RN/RM and Army at least :D)

6. If you want to be a bore with no sence of humour be it bad or not - try becoming a civil servant there a boring bunch you'll do well there...

7. Or be an accountant, being a bore is a positive boon.

8. chicogiz - are you saying that all the people in fleet hq policy department have got a bad sense of humour -

how silly you are little boy,

have you not read the latest reports on promotion for officers and wo2.

they must be slapping each others backs over there with their little japes

9. Rum Ration users include serving, ex and future members of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines, their family and friends, and a mix of users from the wider British and overseas military community.

The above paragraph is from the Rum Ration opening page, at no point does it state that this site is for serving or ex serving personnel only, also I have no recolection of taking a sense of hunor test when I joined up, in fact during my time in the mob I can remember meeting numerous people who 'had a sense of hunor failure' to coin a phrase, admittedly they were normally crushers or officers.

Grow up

10. Senses of HUNOR are reserved for those with a Lisp!!!!

11. my final word is that what you would call a bad sense of humour - I/we would call a black or dark.

a black sense of humour is seeing your mate killed whist serving, getting mightily pi**ed and everybody getting together to remind yourself of all his bad points - instead of crying into a pint.

12. sorry lads maybe i said it wrong i didnt mean it like this

13. If you join the RN, one of the first things you will hear is:

Altogether now, "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined!"

In short, when someone takes the pi55 out of you - just accept it or give back as good as you got.

I've met so many different senses of humour in my 20 or so years in the mob - sarcastic, self mocking, sick, dry etc etc. What is common is that we all have one and not many have been "bad"!

14. You have certainly jumped in here with a pair size 12's. :oops:

15. Reminds me of the time a PO fell over the side and someone said "ah, room on the roster"

16. Did you push him? :D

17. They're certainly not in Civvyland either... Are you related to Sam the Man Dicosta, Chicogiz, by any chance?

18. Chicogiz
    Get a fecking life you sad muppet, Humour is what makes life in the forces at times bearable.

19. Well said that man..................

20. Can't be the spelling and English are better, although only just.