Bad News! (Medically unfit for Aircrewman)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bondy93, Apr 2, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So today i got the call telling me i'm medically unfit for Aircrewman, obviously i am a little disheartened because i was so set on this role. The most stressing thing is failing on something i have no control over! However its not going to stop my ambitions of join the Royal Navy, and the search for a new role begins now. Ill take this as a life lesson, as on door closes another opens. Is all about bouncing back and getting focused on a different role now! (They's plenty of choice ha!)
  2. Positive attitude - BZ.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That's what its all about! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Pick yourself up, dust yourself down, crack on.

Anecdotally I heard of an applicant who appealed against being knocked-back for aircrew. Not only was the appeal rejected, it brought to light an overlooked issue that was an outright bar to entry into the Naval Service. Ever.
  5. Jeez that's unfortunate, ill most likely aim to gain a trade now in one the engineering roles. This was always my second option, thanks guys.
  6. I was put TMU and felt so shit, fortunately I turned it around quickly and passed it so kind of know how you feel, good luck looking for your new future!
    • Like Like x 1