Bad credit rating

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dannyboy1234, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i was wondering if its a problem if i'v got a bad credit rating, i dont have any ccj's but i owe vodafone about £300 which im paying back £30 a month and my bank £100 which im paying £20 a month back, iv just got my fitness test to go and i dont want anything to hold me back. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

2. Hi Mate,
    Not 100% sure but i dont think that'll matter
    As long as you have more then half of your monthly wages to yourself and you havent got any CCJs that should be fine, Im not in the navy yet but thats what ive been told!
    No doubt guys like Ninja Stoker and Super Mario to name a few will be along shortly to give you more info!

3. Try this......

“My other piece of advice, Copperfield,†said Mr Micawber,
    “Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen, nineteen and six, result happiness.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.â€

4. It depends on what you want. If you want a mortgage from Northern Rock, it's a problem. If you want to join the RN, not a problem.

5. Hi Danny B,

From what you say, No it shouldn't be a problem. A basic rule of thumb is if your out-goings are less than 50% of your initial salary then you should be OK on the out-goings front. The only other area to worry about is the Security Clearance. For that you just need to be honest when you fill out the security form.

You seem to have your debts under control, which is all we can ask.

Best of luck with the selection

Supermario

:)