Bacon Butties??

My missus arrived late this past October from Northampton. In the midst of immigration forms and plans for the future, British and American cultures have been getting on very well.

The other night, the missus made Bacon Butties for dinner, and served them with HP brown sauce on the bread, YUMMY! I was then briefed on the endless types of butties! Which made me think that anything that can be served on toast, could be made into a buttie! Brilliant!

Tonight will be Chip Butties with salt and vinegar, Sarons vinegar that is.

Anyone have a favourite? Let me know and I'll surprise the missus with it. :thumright:

Thanks Mate, for tonight's menu think I'll score big with the missus and myself for that matter.

Don't think anyone knows more than the Brits; even my English is becoming more proper. Not bad even with a Yank accent. LOL

Cheers, and have a Merry Christmas!

rod-gearing said:
Cheese and Bacon Staffordshire Oatcakes,Non finer!
Have to improvise this one, since we can't get the Staffordshire oatcakes. We made some from scratch, no doubt they weren't the same. Splendid butties though. Thanks :thumright:

Think I may need some extra press ups and a jog, all these buttie ideas are making me bulge I think. :bball:

Sausages and brown sauce

Peanut butter and banana

Cheese and tomato

Wensleydale cheese and apple

Cream cheese and pineapple

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Depending on my mood:

- Blue Stilton crumbled and mixed with a little cream cheese (enough to make it spreadable), topped with sliced apple all served on crusty whole-meal bread.

- Roast beef (rare), tomato and mayonnaise on a crusty baguette or ciabatta.

- Bacon and fried egg.

- Gammon ham and mango chutney.

- Cheese (good strong cheddar) with sandwich spread (baby puke!).

- Chicken tikka and mango chutney on pita bread.

NZ_Bootneck said:
Cheese and Onion Baps (Rolls to you Leatherneck.). :D
ooo yummy, specially when eaten on top of a hill somewhere with a flask of tomato soup and a man in cycling shorts. (PS before you all start you do not eat the man, he is merely there for decoration)

Frozen spinach (defrosted and all water squeezed out) fry gently with chopped garlic (lots of) and some salt (I know but it really does add to the taste) on a crusty baguette, under the grill and topped with melted cheese.

Yummy.

Ive always liked

Cheese and jam
cheese and banana
cheese and beetroot
cheese and brown sauce (hp)
cheese and red sauce (hienz)
Cheese and pineapple
honest all very tasty snacks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Blogs 1
brazenhussy The Gash Barge 36