Bacon Butties??

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Leatherneck, Dec 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My missus arrived late this past October from Northampton. In the midst of immigration forms and plans for the future, British and American cultures have been getting on very well.

The other night, the missus made Bacon Butties for dinner, and served them with HP brown sauce on the bread, YUMMY! I was then briefed on the endless types of butties! Which made me think that anything that can be served on toast, could be made into a buttie! Brilliant!

Tonight will be Chip Butties with salt and vinegar, Sarons vinegar that is.

Anyone have a favourite? Let me know and I'll surprise the missus with it. :thumright:
  2. Hot roast beef with onion and gravy in either thick sliced bread or baguette.

3. Thanks Mate, for tonight's menu think I'll score big with the missus and myself for that matter.

Don't think anyone knows more than the Brits; even my English is becoming more proper. Not bad even with a Yank accent. LOL

Cheers, and have a Merry Christmas!
  4. Cheese and Bacon Staffordshire Oatcakes,Non finer!
  5. Egg and bacon butty with mayo and ketchup!
  6. Didn't think I'd fancy this one as much as I did, think it was the mayo and ketchup combined with egg and bacon. :thumright:
  7. Have to improvise this one, since we can't get the Staffordshire oatcakes. We made some from scratch, no doubt they weren't the same. Splendid butties though. Thanks :thumright:

Think I may need some extra press ups and a jog, all these buttie ideas are making me bulge I think. :bball:
  8. Anyone remember TISWAS?

There can be only one - DCM
  9. Sausages and brown sauce

Peanut butter and banana

Cheese and tomato

Wensleydale cheese and apple

Cream cheese and pineapple
  10. Roast beef and mustard.

'Nough said.
  11. Roast pork, stuffing and apple sauce on a"doorstop" bread sarnie......yummy!
  12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Depending on my mood:

- Blue Stilton crumbled and mixed with a little cream cheese (enough to make it spreadable), topped with sliced apple all served on crusty whole-meal bread.

- Roast beef (rare), tomato and mayonnaise on a crusty baguette or ciabatta.

- Bacon and fried egg.

- Gammon ham and mango chutney.

- Cheese (good strong cheddar) with sandwich spread (baby puke!).

- Chicken tikka and mango chutney on pita bread.
  13. Cheese and Onion Baps (Rolls to you Leatherneck.). :D
  14. ooo yummy, specially when eaten on top of a hill somewhere with a flask of tomato soup and a man in cycling shorts. (PS before you all start you do not eat the man, he is merely there for decoration)

Frozen spinach (defrosted and all water squeezed out) fry gently with chopped garlic (lots of) and some salt (I know but it really does add to the taste) on a crusty baguette, under the grill and topped with melted cheese.

15. You are all sooooooooo wrong. There can only be the cheesie, hammy, eggie. End of!
  16. sardines on toast then grilled again with cheddar cheese on top.
  17. I suppose that a `Chuffs and Puffs` is out of the question?
  18. Don't Come Monday?
  19. Who said bacon butties.

I haven't stopped salivating. And there ain't any bacon in the fridge!!!!!! :cry:
  20. Ive always liked

Cheese and jam
    cheese and banana
    cheese and beetroot
    cheese and brown sauce (hp)
    cheese and red sauce (hienz)
    Cheese and pineapple
    honest all very tasty snacks