Back to the Future Chinook

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Ja5on, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thank you. Quite moving.
  2. Good phots, but can i just remind you that this is a Fleet Air Arm forum i.e. Crabs and their superior aircraft aren't really welcome on here!
  3. Easy Easy Steady :lol: :lol: [​IMG]
  4. Their you go Wings!!!!
  5. Totally All Awesome Scouse

Very moving story

Yet the effect of Corporal Kopp did not end on the battlefields of Afghanistan; he only regrouped and continued to serve. Corporal Kopp had volunteered as an organ donor and his heart was transplanted. Two days after most people would have died, Benjamin Kopp’s heart was transplanted into Judy Meikle. According to the Washington Post, Meikle said, "How can you have a better heart?" said a grateful Judy Meikle, 57, of Winnetka, Ill., who is still recovering from the surgery. "I have the heart of a 21-year-old Army Ranger war hero beating in me."

Other organs were also donated for other recipients.

Benjamin Kopp’s case is reminiscent of so many others whose names are and faces will forever remain unfamiliar to most of us. The Angels Among Us are nearly always invisible to our eyes until it’s too late to say “thank you,†and “farewell.â€

On August 11, I attended a small ceremony for a British soldier from this base in Helmand who was killed in combat the day after Benjamin passed. His name was Joseph Etchells. I was told how Joseph died in a bomb ambush, and that his last request was to be cremated, loaded into a firework, and launched over the park where he used to play as a kid. When Joseph’s last request was explained, I burst out laughing and the British soldier who told me also was laughing. The absurd humor of Joseph’s request was familiar, and it was as though Joseph were standing there with us, laughing away.
  6. The links don't work on my computer is it the links or my computer?
  7. No just you O.T. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. ah ha they work now nice pics.