Back from Raleigh, still in one piece!!!

Dutch

Badgeman
Stepto - pleased to hear your having a good time at Raleigh. I will be starting on the 18th, so that should be the sunday before you pass out?
I dont envy you having Christmas leave in between basic, I am already finding it hard enough to balance going out/having a few drinks with keeping my fitness up for Raleigh. I am not going to worry too much though, everything in moderation as they say. :dwarf:

johne

War Hero
Well done. Not been on here for a while as i cannot log in at home. But here in Tenerife no problem. Any ideas anyone..... :w00t:

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
Stepto said:
There's a fair deal of PT to deal with. Lots of gym work mixed in with interval training. The mile and a half run is not too bad but a few lads, myself included fell foul of the PTB test, (press ups, sit ups, sprints etc). You get plenty of chances to redo it but this just takes up time which you don't have much of! I passed it the second time but still got a bollocking for failing the first time. The 12 mile hike on Dartmoor was good fun and the pub at the end made it all worth while!!!!

Glad to hear you passed second time round, sorry to bore ya and I know I should probably know, but what exectly is involved in the PTB test?

Same as you Duth its a bit of a nightmare balacing keeping up fitness and going out getting steaming, but navy first then once your in there's gonna plenty of time for getting pissed on these famous "run's asore!"

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
The PTB i done in the gym and involves doing 23 press ups "on the beep", 35 sit ups "on the beep" and 7 lengths of the gym in less then 59 seconds. It's not that hard to do but it's very easy to mess one of the press ups up and automatically fail the test. That's what I did.

Well done so far Stepto! :thumright: Pleased you're having fun, especially lovingly tending your kit. How many items of kit did you have to sew your name into when you first joined?

Have a nice Christmas and don't forget to iron your duvet at home every morning! :bball:

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
Not too much sewing these days, only a couple of PT tops to sew the name onto. All the rest just needs the name putting on with marker. Mind you, we only have no.1's, 3's and 4's now!

Leatherland_NJ

Midshipman
Well done mate I'm back from week 1 myself. Started on the 19th. It's a bit odd only doing 1 week, but it was a long week and I'm semi-glad to be home. I would of preferred shore leave at a later date as I was just getting into it. Oh well. To all the guy's starting on the 4th of Jan, you might catch me trying to catch a lift on the recruits bus :p

Look out for light stone colour jacket, black trousers, dark musty shoulder bag with LEATHERLAND written all over it in thick black marker. Don't be afraid to say hi. I'll possibly be shouting 'anyone from Rum Ration?' on the bus.

Latest Threads