Back from Raleigh, still in one piece!!!

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
Hello to all. I'm back on two weeks leave until I have my last three weeks of training to do until I pass out. Hope everyone on here is well and I've not missed out on too much!
Raleigh has been quite good fun so far and most of the advice from this forum has come in very handy. Wish I'd got a bit fitter before I went as the physical side of the training has been hard. The rest has been quite straight forward. Harder then I thought it would be but hey ho.
If anyone who is joining early next year wants to say hi, that would be great.

Kind regards,
Stepto.

Well done for making it this far and coming back to tell us. You're probably as fit now as you'll ever be (unless you become a diver). Have a great leave!

wingnut

Lantern Swinger
Hi Stepto, Glad to see you are doing fine at basic.

Are you enjoying it? I go back on the 17th May, I can't wait.

Is there any advice you can give us on here waiting to join?

Enjoy your xmas leave, and keep us updated.

:rendeer:

WN

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
Advice? Yeah, get as fit as you can, learn to wash and iron clothes very quickly and get ready for a huge culture shock!
It's not too bad, the days go slowly but the weeks fly by. There is so much to learn but staying on top of all the kit is the worst bit.

scouse

War Hero
Stepto said:
Hello to all. I'm back on two weeks leave until I have my last three weeks of training to do until I pass out. Hope everyone on here is well and I've not missed out on too much!
Raleigh has been quite good fun so far and most of the advice from this forum has come in very handy. Wish I'd got a bit fitter before I went as the physical side of the training has been hard. The rest has been quite straight forward. Harder then I thought it would be but hey ho.
If anyone who is joining early next year wants to say hi, that would be great.

Kind regards,
Stepto.
good effort DAS BOOT first thing i did when i woke up at home on my first leave. Was to barrack my bed!!!!!! my Mum thought i had gone mad??????? Enjoy your first leave :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
Glad your enjoying it. How much PT do you do then? on average how many miles are you running? happy christmas mate and good luck with the rest of basic.

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
There's a fair deal of PT to deal with. Lots of gym work mixed in with interval training. The mile and a half run is not too bad but a few lads, myself included fell foul of the PTB test, (press ups, sit ups, sprints etc). You get plenty of chances to redo it but this just takes up time which you don't have much of! I passed it the second time but still got a bollocking for failing the first time. The 12 mile hike on Dartmoor was good fun and the pub at the end made it all worth while!!!!

Latest Threads