Baby system engineer

Discussion in 'RFA' started by mramused, Dec 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone,

I'm off to join my first ship next week! I started putting a suitcase together and I've got all my mandatory kit sorted (uniform, certificates, GSR, etc.) but still got room enough for a whole other travel case. Now I'm looking for recommendations on other stuff to bring, anyone?

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Depends where you're going.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

3. Present location of ship is sunny (temps in the low 20s) destination...maybe the gulf? I sould probably check with my appointer :/

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or it could be heading back to uk.

Hard drive or laptop and civvies. Not much else needed.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

5. True (and very likely), cheers exJenny :)

6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

There will be a hefty hint as to your ship's likely location when your travel itinerary and tickets come through. Unless of course you're walking or already there.

7. A screwlid mug, sunglasses and speaker. Enjoy your first trip!

8. I know where I'm joining ship (got my tickets) but it won't be alongside for long - just don't know where it's headed next...

Cheers Bluebird, definitely going to grab a screwlid mug :D

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Speaker? Headphones or he'll be on his neighbours' shit lists.

10. Sense of humour

• Like Like x 1
  11. Speakers are useful for the bar in the evening and more than acceptable in a cabin within reason

12. You mean I can't blast Freebird on full volume at 3am? Damn, why bother :p

13. You can do as you wish as long as you are willing to take the consequences, e.g. music maker dismantled and key bits held to ransom, normally paid in volumes of alcohol. Or it could vanish and amazingly take selfies as it travels the world. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. I can see it already: sat up late at night in my cabin with a bottle of whisky and a thousand yard stare. On the desk lies a picture of a Sony Walkman lying on a café table in Dubai. Scrawled across it in red pen are the words: "you could have stopped this".

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  15. You have NO idea how true that could be!

16. [​IMG]