Baby P case - Owen has sentence reduced on appeal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brigham600, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Times online

Unreal and disgusted. He should rot in jail the filthy scum.

2. I obviously, am a more compassionate person than you, I reckon we should gang him, that way he will not have to suffer in jail :twisted:

3. The best way forward is to deny him rule 43 protection.....

4. Yet another example of the F***wits that we employ as members of our judiciary. This swine deserved, along with his brother and the piece of excrement that is Peter's mother, to be flayed alive, instead of which they will all be out at some time in the future. That our noble legel eagles do not believe that he poses any further risk would be laughable, were it not such a serious case.

5. :twisted: As I've already posted on arrse; If I was his landing screw I'd forget to lock his cell for an hour or so. :x Done it before. :wink:

6. It's not really been reduced though, has it? More like set in stone. He could have got out in the same amount of time under his previous sentence, or perhaps even sooner. This way is just more specific.

7. He shouldnt even be in nick.On the end of a rope would have been better (without the drop) :)

8. Some of these judges do not live in the real world and the QCs who cow cow with these scum to even contemplate reducing sentances...Arrrr. Do they not think what that little boy went through and to others might go through on his release. He should never be free.

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course they don't mate. Yet again, a sentence that sends signals out to other would be wrong 'uns that you won't get severely punished. I hate to say this but the yanks have got it right when it comes to sentencing. This bloke would have got life, simple as that. Or even the Death penalty.

10. The yanks have got it right regarding conditions in the prisons too. Here, they get privileges such as TV's, time in a game/relax area etc, and have to behave VERY badly to lose them. Over there they have to earn privileges, and get treated like the scum they are. It's bloody human rights gone mad over here! The man's in a free hotel, with it's own gym, his own TV, good food... is it any wonder we get so many people re-offending?? :x :evil:

Sorry, wee rant over... :roll:

11. Natural justice will probably resolve this issue. He won't get the sort of "protection" given to the Bulger killers and someone, somewhere, is sure to find out who he is and where he lives when he gets out.

The man is going to live in terror for the rest of his life.

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Some deletions. Current Affairs; for those who want a serious discussion.