Baby on Board/ Princess on board car 'plates'.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by fly_past, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the F*****g point of these signs put in windows?

Are you meant to drive by quietly dare you wake 'little precocious'

And the twits that have little princess..... Grrrrr

Now i am all for having what you like in your car - but what the F is the POINT of those plastic signs?

I wish they would use the little suckers for something else...... AND am i not right to say they obscure part of the window -hence 'illegal'???

Am off to simmer down - rant over (thanks for allowing it)........ TAXI!!

2. FP

I have two of these in the back window of my family car. In all honesty mate, the reason I got them was in the hope it might prevent white van man and boy-racers from scaring the living shoite out of my kids, as they roar right up my arse (dont get excited thingy!! :threaten: :thumright: )

Ive learned the hard way however the sod all works, so now I just drive at 20mph, dont let them overtake me and if they stop to give it some verbal, I give them a little smile, the finger and then a wave goodbye.

If however Im in my own car or on my motorbike................well thats then the fun begins!!!! :threaten: :rambo:

3. I think there ought to be RR produced signs with white letters on navy blue saying:

[align=center]Sailor on Board... please give generously![/align]

;) :lol:

4. Now THATS a good idea! :w00t:

5. Just because you have a sign in your back window saying "Back off, brats onboard" is no excuse for your bad driving.

6. Gives people fair warning that the driver is pre-occupied with things going onside the metal box and they're liable to do all kinds of random things as they're ostensibly driving.

fwiw I agree with you, they're already demonstrated that their genitalia works, there is no need to keep banging on about it :D

And what's with those stupid green L-plates. If you're not confident enough to be on the road without other road users making extra concessions, then you shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

7. I believe the point of those green L plates is to make other drivers expect the unexpected.

8. Oslo wrote:

"I believe the point of those green L plates is to make other drivers expect the unexpected."

In that case.......

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

9. The original point was to let the emergency services know to look for a child, who might have been thrown in an unusual place by an accident e.g. under one of the front seats. As most people don’t take the sign down when not carrying children, it makes the sign pretty pointless. I understand that the emergency services routinely search the car for infants anyway, so the sign is still pretty pointless.

:dwarf:

10. I normally find that those displaying these signs, drive like fkn idiots, and expect other drivers to compensate for this.

11. Perhaps we also sell this one... :twisted:

[align=center]MP on Board... drive carelessly! :twisted: [/align]

12. Illegal???

Not unless there in the windscrean or front windows.
    Youd dont need any back windows if you dont want, vans etc. Although you do need a rear view mirror. Why i do not know.

13. 'Caution show dogs in transit' is my favourite - who the flying f**k would give a damn!

14. There is a car in Portsmouth with the legend 'Runs on Fairy Dust' in big letters all over the rear window.

I want it :(

15. You can get those flashing signs now that you can put your own message on.They stick in your rear windscreen and work off the cigar plug thingy.
    You can get them from Halfords.

Thinking about getting one to tell drivers to politely back off etc.

16. The baby onboard signs started in the states, and are supposed to be taken down if no child is on board. I read some where (Daily Telegraph"Honest John"?) that if the car was found with the sign visible after an accident the driver could be charged with wasting emergancy services time .

As for "P" /green "L" plates when my wife pssed her test she had them on her car for about a week untill I drove it.

I havent been cut up or been the victim of intimidating driving before or since!

There was alot of rubber left on the road, none of it mine,when they realised I had right of way and was not going to be intimidated.

I removed them at the first opportunity and my wife confidance inproved rapidly as she wasnt being used as a target any more :dwarf:

17. And whilst you are distract playing with your new gadget you run into the car in front, because you are sudenly the one too close :wink:

18. Back off young family on board!!!

Windows shut adults puffing away on the weed!! You are taking the piss are you not!!

Do not put young kids in the front seat an air bag will kill believe me. sister in law in Canada still in terrible pain from a accident five years ago and the air bags broke her jaw etc.

Travellers have to be the best five kids in the front of a transit van! Not forgetting our ethnic friends think Guiness Book Of Records quoted twelve in a Fiesta on the way to see the lights at Blackpool

19. I think all car signs are just extreme chav.

20. The only sign that ever made me smile was one that read "if you can read this sign, I've lost my caravan!"