Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby due whilst partner will be away

elbell

My partner is due to start training at HMS Raleigh at the end of the year, and I've recently found out I am pregnant and would be due around halfway through.
I don't want to delay his training at all or hold him back, but I know it would be difficult if he won't get any time away. Is it possible to contact him while he's there (even if it is just to let him know)? And would he have to notify anyone before that his circumstances have changed (or will change) since signing up?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but would appreciate any advice on the situation.

Drakey

War Hero
He will need to inform the AFCO as there has been a change in personal circumstances and to discuss the implications of being away whilst you are pregnant. You will be able to have regular contact with him while he is in training.

slim

War Hero
In my day the skipper would have told me " The shipbuilder only needs to be there for the laying of the keel, he does not need to be there for the launch of the ship:)"

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
My advice would be to get your partner to talk to the afco as soon as possible.

He will be able to contact you, its not like prison! The best thing to do now is get advice from the rn directly.

If it reassures you, you aren't the first couple in this position so please dont worry too much.

elbell

Thank you all for the replies, glad to hear that - I just had no idea what to expect! I will get him to contact them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Bristol baby rocker start-up launches global takeover MoD News 0
D Harry,s baby Diamond Lil's 30
M Eczema as a baby Joining the Royal Navy 5
mramused Baby system engineer RFA 15
soleil Scilly Today: "New Baby Born On Navy Helicopter From Scilly" The Fleet Air Arm 18
BillyNoMates Baby....superstition....! Diamond Lil's 44
I Baby stoker course book needed! The Book Club 2
TeddyT Soldier has baby in Afghanistan Current Affairs 59
trelawney126 Baby Bouncing in India Diamond Lil's 10
soleil www.deadlinenews.co.uk: "Dramatic Early Morning Helicopter Dash For New-Born Baby" The Fleet Air Arm 3
Stirling Baby Cack Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Mail: Mark Ormrod: "Can't Wait For His New Baby" The Corps 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Anyone up for the latest Baby's Head Diet? The Gash Barge 0
T Who loves'ya'baby? The Quarterdeck 2
daffy1 Baby yoga anyone ? Diamond Lil's 0
The_Caretaker Little Black Baby Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker The Baby Photograther Miscellaneous 0
dondon BABY TALK Miscellaneous 1
Rumrat Oh no not our baby Diamond Lil's 19
wet_blobby Freedom...yar yar baby. Diamond Lil's 35
D Baby's daddy............. Diamond Lil's 37
T Advice Required Chaps - Baby On the Way The Corps 7
Rumrat A baby sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
I Cry Baby Dolphins Submariners 51
brigham600 Baby P case - Owen has sentence reduced on appeal Current Affairs 11
tac_1985 baby on way Nearest & Dearest 13
TheLastStoker Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner!! Current Affairs 9
R077 Absolutely shameful (Baby-P case) Current Affairs 35
WreckerL Baby Boomer theme tune Diamond Lil's 3
B Baby P council official appeals against sacking Current Affairs 30
T Man's genes key to a baby's gender Diamond Lil's 2
Maxi_77 Baby P Current Affairs 30
F Baby on Board/ Princess on board car 'plates'. Diamond Lil's 29
slim Pregnant woman uses train toilet and baby slips out Diamond Lil's 8
T Baby Convicts? Current Affairs 3
sgtpepperband Baby Badgers... The Internet - Best and Worst 8
T Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemous? Diamond Lil's 44
SILVER_FOX Baby hurt by firework lit in shop Current Affairs 4
andym Help for a Baby Stoker. Diamond Lil's 10
ukdaytona Mother jailed for baby drug death The Quarterdeck 8
slim Is Slim RR resident cry baby? Diamond Lil's 28
G BABY SAILOR OUTFIT Nearest & Dearest 2
D Baby Life Line Charity 0
MoD_RSS Public asked not to gather at the Cenotaph for Remembrance Sunday due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Job Support Scheme expanded to firms required to close due to Covid Restrictions MoD News 0
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS £11 billion boost for taxpayers facing difficulty due to coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension to clinical excellence awards due to expire in April 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further visa extensions for those unable to return home due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing sector was in a good financial position at end of March 2020 but faces considerable challenges due to coronavirus MoD News 0