Baaaa Humbug!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PAVEWAY_3, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its up to us when we celebrate PTP !

2. Obviously PTP hasn't told everyone here in Pompey to pipe down yet… :?

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

what happened to the thread???? is it a secret..if so why are the news media splashing it everywhere

Or are we held in such low regard by the mods on this site?

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I suspect he thinks certain people bobbing around deserve to find out in an appropriate way, rightly so!

5. Well if you want to find out the current news on this situation, click here:

News Now

6. Certain people 'bobbing around' already know…

Anyways, Iran has just announced the hand over process has started.

7. The removal of a thread, in the current affairs forum, which discusses current affairs, is an overreaction and PTP's attempt to suppress a topic, which is the highest profile story of the day is pathetic.

What's the point of RR if we can only debate things, which are sanctioned by moderators? Bo11ock5 springs to mind and the note placed on the thread to await MOD comment smacks of this site being an extension of the MOD itself.

Get off our back PTP, allow us to talk about real time issues (we're hardly right wing here and any personal comments here are very unlikely to effect the outcome of the issue), and stop trying to suppress freedom of speech - if I wanted that I'd move to N Korea (or is that comment a bit too off the party line for you!!)

If you, or another moderator/dictator, is tempted to come back with some OPSEC, PERSEC, this is a fluid situation and speculation isn't helpful type retort please don't bother, you'll only highlight your pathetic course of action even more.

8. Lets hear your reason PTP!! I can't wait for you to justify this one...

9. wet_blobby

S-P were just children...the adults dont have to talk to us mate

10. Well, I've heard it mentioned about every 15 mins on R2 this afternoon. All I said was 'hang on ... they might be playing games with us'. However, celebrations or comments such as mine are no reason to wipe the thread. As I've said before, mod over-reaction to current affairs threads serves no purpose. As members keep pointing out, it's CURRENT AFFAIRS and it's all over the media :)

11. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

children, children..... you know how it works.... now go and play while the grown up watches the TV and he'll let you know when you can come back in.

PS Supper will be soon and there will be no pudding unless you all eat your greens...

12. wet_blobby

can I have icecream for pudding?

13. silverfox

only if you promise not to talk about it before you get it on any Current Affairs forum......

14. wet_blobby

ok...promise

15. But mummy I want to talk about it now!

16. Well I'm watching 15 free Naval personnel live on TV…

17. silverfox

In their nice new suits....

18. when are the adults going to learn the key to keeping children happy is for disapline and punishment to be kept consistant ...no good one adult telling them they can't do one thing only for another to do that thing

do as I say not as I do isn't the way forward

19. silverfox

ooops - don't mention the suits....we don't know if their new or not.....

20. silverfox

and you young lady, you're not too old to go across my knee... (ooooer missus)

and I'd like you to rephrase your comment to 'adult' (no - 's')