Ayr Advertiser: "I Need A Minishant Hero"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jan 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very nice Sol. Where do you find them? :wink:

2. Minnigaff is a place in South Ayrshire. I'm guessing that Minishant is also a placename in Ayrshire, from whence the aforementioned wafu hails.

3. I spent 8 years at Gannet and 'Minishant' means bugger all to me.

Found it - It's just south of Ayr, between Dalmellington and Maybole!!!

4. I know what DILLIGAF means if thats a help :twisted:

5. That is the most helpful thing I've seen this year, thanks. By the way, I don't know if there is a Minishant in Canada, but if there is, this might be useful.

6. Maybe he's heard a rumour about the formation of the Royal Flying Corps again and getting his trews prepared. :lol:

7. Typical WAFUs. Scruffy bastards.

Standing about with their hands in their pockets.

No standards.

In my day.

Need to lie down.

8. In my picture, the chap in the black jodhpurs is a two-ringer, not a three-ringer.

The other thing I noticed was that the chap next to him, and the one on the end both appear to have a good grip on their helmets.

9. Fuggin hell why don't you form a quango and count the twotting rivits on the petrol pigeon. 8O :wink:

10. It may be an officer thing!!!!!!!

11. Why is the one on the left wearing trainers?

And so far there are 428 rivets Rummers

12. Ahhhh hhaaaaaa, now I've put my specs on I see the one on the left is the Crewman. So that blows my officers with hands holding helmets theory!!!

The Crewie will of course be prepared for any thing and has probably just returned from a sess in the gym keeping himself in the peak of condition for the Thursday night bash at the widows hop at the Pavilion in Ayr. Having rushed back at the sound of the photographers camera bag and not wishing to miss a photo call.

Or simply couldn't be arsed to get changed!

13. The one on the end is a PO, not a grunter. (edited to add - as you have just spotted.)

I'll have to start again. I enlarged the phot as much as I could, and started marking them off one by one, but must have scrolled down accidently. I must also remember to use a non-permanent marker next time, as the screen was a bugger to clean.

14. I now have to agree this is a right riveting read.

15. Gobblers knob? What kind of talk is this during this Holy holiday.
    And you who have invited me for drinks.
    I am easily led and corrupted, perhaps I should stay clear of you disgusting sailors.