Awaiting MoD approval

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sandy71, Apr 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, just a general question that hopefully someone can answer for me... I got my start date in writing at the beginning of February, i completed my acceptance, posted it off and that was pretty much it. I've got a meeting at my AFCO on the 13th June to meet the other recruits going down from my area... as per the letter i received with my offer, everything is now considered by MoD. The question is, do I receive anything further in writing to advise this has been done and its green light to hand in my notice for my current job etc? Reason being is that i have to give 8 weeks notice and im starting mid July so will need to be handing my notice in the next couple of weeks... Cheers!
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sandy, I would imagine you will be sent joining instruction, travel warrents etc..there are more people than me with up to date info on this on board so one of them should tell you soon.

Dont forget you will have an entitelment to paid hols in your current job that you should take before leaving.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hi Sandy,
    Chill back: your letter will say that it is a provisional offer of service pending MOD approval & you should not give up employment at this stage. Essentially this is a MOD "Catch-all" in case they (The Government/MOD) decide to stop recruiting in your trade & you sue them because you left your civilian job. Barring floods, famine, major defence spending etc., your provisional entry date should stand. Most AFCO's will send you a letter to attend an entry brief about 4 weeks before your entry date. At he brief you will be given all the relevant info & a travel warrant to your joining establishment. Make sue you have a valid passport & return all completed forms that are sent by the AFCO by return post. Good luck!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

And another thing.... If you're joining mid July, you'll probably only do a couple of weeks at Raleigh, then take 4 weeks paid Summer Leave (3rd Aug- 28 Aug I think) then continue with the training!
  5. Many thanks for the info, but whats the deal with paid summer leave? Does Raleigh close during the summer, i'd not heard that before - cheers
  6. Paid leave ? ffs-----Oooooooops it is 2007 !
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Raleigh closes for training for 4 weeks. You get paid 7 days per week, 365 days per year whether you're on leave, held hostage in Iran, being interviewed on telly or actually working. Yes, utter folly, but there you go. Your pay account does not go online for about 6 weeks, but they'll give you an "advance of pay" (Loan from your wages) to tide you over.