Awaiting joining date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Budd91, Nov 9, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I passed my PJFT about 5 months ago and I am still waiting to hear about my joinjng date. I rang my AFCO 3 months ago and was told I would know as soon as they have my joining date. Is it normal to take this long? When I had my interview I was told I was looking at a 6 month waiting list.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

What branch are you joining?

Have you changed branch choice?

Were there any delays during the selection process? (ie: Medical, PJFT)

Has your careers adviser advised you of a revised anticipated entry date?
  3. Joining as a WE

I haven't made any changes and had no other delays during the selection process everything progressed fairly quickly.

I havent heard anything at all since I rang the AFCO about 3 months ago. At that point I was told that they had applied for my joining date and that now it was just a waiting game.

I guess the best thing to do will just be to ring them again. Just thoughg id put a quick post on here see if anyo.e else had experienced this.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

ET(WE) has gone out to about 12 months test to entry. It was about 6 months but clearly there are more applicants than jobs available.

Plenty of short notice vacancies as ET(ME) or ET(WESM) but worth calling your AFCO to enquire about a guestimated entry date as ET(WE).
  5. Thanks for that will definitely give them a Ring