Avice on FAT'S

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Babbs, Dec 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there i am awaiting a date to go do my FAT'S just trying to get some head up on things i could start working on now. Any advice will be greatly welcomed.

2. harrier attack on the zx81

3. Sorry bud, not a lot we can say. They are designed to test your innate ability and therefore cant really be improved by hard work.

However, it would be useful to be shit hot on speed/distance/time calculations and to try and improve your short term memory.

Other than that, go and see if you have the abilities they want.

Good luck.

4. Is THIS of any help?

5. Here's an idea. Learn to use some initiative and find something on the net. Try www.oascprep.co.uk . There's a section on there.
    Unfortunately pal, FATs are a measure of natural intelligence, not your revision skills, unlike GCSEs and AS/A2s. What I'm trying to say is that with the tests, you're not going to be thick as sh*t and still get 11 A*s.
    At the top of this page there is a search button. Click it, type in FATs, and you'll probably get about 10 threads all started by people like you, strangely enough asking exactly the same question as you.
    There's also no apostraphe in FATs, it's a plural, not a posessive.

Good luck :whew:

6. THIS as well...

7. aljh - nice!

8. Doc,
    A thank you.

9. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

All good advice, however if you are going to pick up a poster's (posters'?) grammar it's often best to check your own spelling first (there are 4 s's in possessive :thumright: )

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

From the title of this thread, I would have thought knowing how to spell "advice" would be advantageous... 8O :wink:

11. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Maybe he(she) wanted to know about the "vice" :w00t:

12. Sorry chief.
    Slip of the finger.

13. The nice thing about FATs is that you cannot really train for them, so you might as well loaf!

14. Well said Tourist.

Which is clearly in the finest traditions of the Fleet Air Arm. Go down the pub instead!

15. exactly -i wish i was back on 801 on detatchment in poland - anyone else remember bar 2