Average time at sea and time in boat

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by sinking_ship, Aug 19, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Fleet Submarines

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Vanguard

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hi all

Just two quick questions as I couldnt find answers on the forums or with the search button

1. as a rating on a submarine what's an estimate of the time at sea per year ( I know no one can be exact)

2. How often do you change boats or do you stay with the same boat for most of your career unless something happens

thanks to anyone who can answer

2. try the search " time at sea" see if that helps

3. 1) Anyones guess. Depends if you're a bomber queen in the patrol cycle or an SSN which could be doing anything.

2) You normally move from boat to boat.

4. Everyone is different I served on 1 Boat for 11 years without a draft then went inboard for 5 months before being drafted back to the same Boat to relieve some unfortunate soul who had contracted Salt Activated Knee or Back i cant quite remember which.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can move about but if you are really, really lucky you could get to move from SSBN gold crew to gold crew to gold crew.

There is a BigD shaped arse imprint in the Fire Control Watchkeepers chair in the MCC on Victorious as he spent so much time on her.

BigD. Do you remember the missile mary from Liverpool who loved the bomb shop more and used to get sick everytime work up of NWI came around?

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigD. Do you remember the missile mary from Liverpool who loved the bomb shop more and used to get sick everytime work up of NWI came around?[/QUOTE]

I most certainly do and he is coming to work in my office in the very near future.

• Like Like x 1