Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Average medical completion times.

MerseyMan

Badgeman
After joining up in 2013 and leaving during phase 2, I am now in the process of rejoining. I am at latter end of the age scale, and luckily enough due to friends I made in phase 1 being able to speak to the right people I have had an age waiver placed for me. Also the chance to go straight into phase 2 otherwise if I was applying through the normal channels I would have been stopped at the first part of the application (something which needs to be looked at on the website) The only thing is all the posts about the inability of capita to process medicals quickly I may miss a phase 2 intake. Anyone have any ideas? My interview is at the start of Jan. Would say for instance a early March phase 2 intake be off the cards?

B Tango

Badgeman
Hi bud not got much info to give, but I would say my whole medical took roughly a month or so long after capita recieveing my medicals forms. I would push it along with your AFCO to speed up the process though...

Sumo

War Hero
not much help, but well done for going back and chasing your career, good luck, find out from you AFCO will your old man waiver hold if medical is slow to progress? just in case they have to extend it?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It depends on the region but the quicker you return the completed eyetest form and medical questionnaire to your AFCO, the quicker the call from the Triage Nurse, pre medical. Once you're cleared by the triage nurse, your medical should be within about four to six weeks away. Trouble is, the initial call from the triage nurse can take six or seven weeks in some areas.

MerseyMan

Badgeman
Thanks for the replies, well hopefully the process will be fluid. I sent my successful eye test and med form within 48 hours, and have interview at the beginning of January. Everything has been rushed through and helped along up to now, let's hope the momentum keeps up. Cheers

LeadPencil

Badgeman
I had to complete a peak flow diary which I finished on the 15th December. My medical records are being sent by my doctor today. When can I expect a medical date? I'm hoping for January sometime.

MerseyMan

Badgeman
Thanks I will be pushing this as much as humanly possible, after all the help I've received from royal navy staff to get my application rolling the least I can do is play my part and get back to Raleigh ASAP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Average waiting time to go for aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
R What is the average day of a Warfare Officer (submarines) whilst on patrol? Submariners 3
F Average Day in the CIS branch RFA 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO performing above the Civil Service Average on wellbeing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Higher than average fines netted for iIlegal fishing MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
W Intrigued - average navy wage vs RAF wage? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Tui Bird Average Length time spent in Dockyard Refit Submariners 4
S Average time at sea and time in boat Submariners 5
O Average of a Ship's Company? The Fleet 6
R Average Age in the RFA? RFA 17
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
S How long between PJFT and PRNC on average? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Not your average asthma question Health & Fitness 22
D AET - Average time before being deployed on a ship The Fleet Air Arm 3
S Average Working Day AET? The Fleet Air Arm 10
Q Average time for promotion in RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
T Average cadet age? RFA 6
Q Average age for BRNC entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Mongke's_Fist Not your average road trip Charity 106
M Average age of Officer Cadets Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
U Not Quite the Average Day….. Current Affairs 0
B Average age of Recruits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
S Average speed cameras Motoring 30
D Average Age At Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
_Tim_ Average waiting time for... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
B average RN starting age Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
K Average age for ratings Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
seafruit average length? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
creddly Your average 1.5 mile (2.4km) time. (Topic for everyone) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 229
slim Cars slowing for average cameras Current Affairs 25
chrisredditch Not Your Average Draft The Quarterdeck 8
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5