average length?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by seafruit, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone i'm going to raleigh on feb17th but im still waiting on my security clearance. my afco said that it usually takes 8 weeks or longer for security clearance. my question is how long is the average length of time to wait for it to come back? also what happens if i dont have my clearance by the 17th feb?

p.s will a large cotton table napkin do for a pressing cloth? & can i take shower gel too because it just says bar soap on the kitlist. :tp:

i suppose the staff might not like people going around honking of lavender or passionfruit bodyscrub. please feel free to tell me if im being twatty. :thanks: :tp: sorry about that im getting nervous :pukel:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ooh, thank God for that - I read the title of the thread and thought it was gonna about penises... 8O :oops:

3. dude thats probably because you've got a 1 track mind.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Uh-oh, it's going to turn into one of those threads I can feel it.

8 weeks is about right for Security Clearance (SC) on average unless you have lived overseas or your immediate family do. If it's not through & the Basic Check is complete, your AFCO may apply for a SC waiver in the last 4 weeks before you join IF all other elements have been correctly completed & returned when requested. (References returned, valid passport held etc).

Table napkin is fine as a pressing cloth, but a teatowel is better.

Shower Gel is equally as marvelous as a bar of soap.

Try not to panic & good luck.

5. Average length??!! o_O

Don't be so rude!

PS: I think the average is 4 inches for civvies, 6 inches for pongos 9 inches for booties, 10 inches for matelots and 12 inches for submariners! :biggrin:

6. Oi! Potty mouth!
    Go sit in front of a mirror for five minutes without smerking.
    Well, ok, Pipes are alright, but no smerking a fag [​IMG]

Oh god, now you've got ME started on the ooh matrons!
    :D

7. sgtpepperband

Hehe... that's as maybe, but you started with the vague title! 8O :wink:

8. Oh sorry Lamri, I forgot to mention that Stokers have 11 inch missile launchers! :biggrin:

PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)

9. sgtpepperband

Shame on you, Thingy. I thought you preferred to take a "Matey" into the shower with you... :wink:

[​IMG]

10. I'm not into skin! .... Uh oh, perhaps I should have rephrased that!!! o_O :biggrin:

11. no offence but im a chick so ill pass on the hairy chest thing

PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)[/quote]
    i dont own a track suit and dont ever intend to is joggers and a tshirt ok?
    but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:

12. i dont own a track suit and dont ever intend to is joggers and a tshirt ok?
    but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:[/quote]

Yeah a chick now. But soon you will be a wren then you will have a huge ass and more hairs than the most salty of killick stokers.

13. im not sure i understand you. i thouht the whole point of raleigh was to make sure you didnt have a big ass?and as for the hairy chest isuppose i could always wax;)

14. i dont own a track suit and dont ever intend to is joggers and a tshirt ok?
    but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:[/quote]

In these enlightened times, it shouldn't be surprising to see a heavily tattooed hairy-arsed three-badge killick stoker at a ship's company dance with a smart-suited city accountant. She's perfectly entitled to bring whoever she likes!

15. um..ok.. whats that got to do with anything i just said? please explain because my brain hurts!

16. Mob humour Seafruit.....you will get used to it :dwarf: :rendeer: :rendeer:

17. Just an observation on how stereotypes have been broken down in today's Navy. No offence meant but better take a couple of aspirins in case there is more to come. I hope your clearance arrives soon. Congratulations and good luck at Raleigh.