average length?

hi everyone i'm going to raleigh on feb17th but im still waiting on my security clearance. my afco said that it usually takes 8 weeks or longer for security clearance. my question is how long is the average length of time to wait for it to come back? also what happens if i dont have my clearance by the 17th feb?

p.s will a large cotton table napkin do for a pressing cloth? & can i take shower gel too because it just says bar soap on the kitlist. :tp:

i suppose the staff might not like people going around honking of lavender or passionfruit bodyscrub. please feel free to tell me if im being twatty. :thanks: :tp: sorry about that im getting nervous :pukel:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Uh-oh, it's going to turn into one of those threads I can feel it.

8 weeks is about right for Security Clearance (SC) on average unless you have lived overseas or your immediate family do. If it's not through & the Basic Check is complete, your AFCO may apply for a SC waiver in the last 4 weeks before you join IF all other elements have been correctly completed & returned when requested. (References returned, valid passport held etc).

Table napkin is fine as a pressing cloth, but a teatowel is better.

Shower Gel is equally as marvelous as a bar of soap.

Try not to panic & good luck.

Average length??!! o_O

Don't be so rude!

PS: I think the average is 4 inches for civvies, 6 inches for pongos 9 inches for booties, 10 inches for matelots and 12 inches for submariners! :biggrin:

thingy said:
PS: I think the average is 4 inches for civvies, 6 inches for pongos 9 inches for booties, 10 inches for matelots and 12 inches for submariners! :biggrin:
Oi! Potty mouth!
Go sit in front of a mirror for five minutes without smerking.
Well, ok, Pipes are alright, but no smerking a fag

Oh god, now you've got ME started on the ooh matrons!
:D

Lamri said:
thingy said:
Oi! Potty mouth!
Go sit in front of a mirror for five minutes without smerking.
Well, ok, Pipes are alright, but no smerking a fag

Oh god, now you've got ME started on the ooh matrons!
:D
Oh sorry Lamri, I forgot to mention that Stokers have 11 inch missile launchers! :biggrin:

PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
thingy said:
...PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)
Shame on you, Thingy. I thought you preferred to take a "Matey" into the shower with you... :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
thingy said:
...PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)
Shame on you, Thingy. I thought you preferred to take a "Matey" into the shower with you... :wink:

I'm not into skin! .... Uh oh, perhaps I should have rephrased that!!! o_O :biggrin:

no offence but im a chick so ill pass on the hairy chest thing

PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)[/quote]
i dont own a track suit and dont ever intend to is joggers and a tshirt ok?
but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:

seafruit said:
no offence but im a chick so ill pass on the hairy chest thing

PS: Seafruit. Showergel is unsailorly. Take a soap on a rope and a bottle of Manly Brut to put hairs on your chest/drink when the beer fridge is empty! ;)
but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:[/quote]

Yeah a chick now. But soon you will be a wren then you will have a huge ass and more hairs than the most salty of killick stokers.

im not sure i understand you. i thouht the whole point of raleigh was to make sure you didnt have a big ass?and as for the hairy chest isuppose i could always wax;)

seafruit]no offence but im a chick so ill pass on the hairy chest thing [quote="thingy said:
but thanks for the advice evryone. got my clearance and travel papers this morning. :thumright: :w00t:[/quote]

In these enlightened times, it shouldn't be surprising to see a heavily tattooed hairy-arsed three-badge killick stoker at a ship's company dance with a smart-suited city accountant. She's perfectly entitled to bring whoever she likes!

seafruit said:
um..ok.. whats that got to do with anything i just said? please explain because my brain hurts!
Just an observation on how stereotypes have been broken down in today's Navy. No offence meant but better take a couple of aspirins in case there is more to come. I hope your clearance arrives soon. Congratulations and good luck at Raleigh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tui Bird Submariners 4
slim Current Affairs 25
chrisredditch The Quarterdeck 8