Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by Tanzi, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any ideas how I can reduce a pic to the 8k required for avatars? How come some people can upload mini clips ? What am I :whew: missing ?

2. I have tried lots of different resources and i can't find anything to reduce it to 8k, I have photoshop pro and the picture just becomes pixelated when i try!

I have also just reliased this is no use to you ha ha however the moving avatars are located on this site just go to your control panel and browse animated gifs

3. In Photoshop, try File/Save for Web & Devices.
    You should get a new window with the image displayed. Go to the right hand side and change the value near the Preset button to JPG medium .

This lowered the file size for my Avatar. I hope it works for you.

4. Download a program called Gimp (honestly)
    Its a very good picture re-sizer :)

5. Lamri has THE best avatar as well. :)

6. Lamri's avatar would be even better if it was a bloke wearing a thong.... :razz: or Rosie/Josiecats! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. Errrr, NO :rambo:

8. Errrr, YES!!! :dwarf: Though I do like that piccy of you in your funny hat! :lol:

What don't you like about the thought of the PO Stoker, Rosie and JC all in thongs in the SAME avatar? ;) Six cheecks for the price of two :lol:

9. Thanks for the tips everyone. Watch this space. I've noticed there seems to be a strange predilection for female rear ends. Not that I'm objecting. Now, if I could find one that moves......

10. Bundi Rum's good enough for me mate. More expensive but less distracting.

11. Bundy Rum :thumright: is cheap down here mate........

12. LAMRI's Avatar.........would like to "see" the real thing.....but this will have to do.

13. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

"Lamri has THE best avatar as well."
    agreed, what a f****** peach.
    "Lamri's avatar would be even better if it was a bloke wearing a thong.... "
    what, like Peter Stringfellow?

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Dont be harsh, blokes like stringfellow give ugly sods like me false hope. :bball:

15. Saving as a web image with photoshop could help, and you could also try compressing it with things like Winrar/winzip.

16. You do realise that Lammers avatar is actually of himself, photographed by the Chief Stoker when Lammers was skin! ;)

17. How VERY dare you!

What do you mean WHEN I was skin?

You say that as if I'm not any more!

:D

18. Sorry skin and essence Lamri, I forgot that Stokers never grow up. :thumright:

I like your website.... Are you the one with long chestnut hair? :thumright:

http://www.lamri.com/

19. Not this one ;)

20. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Thingy,
    "I forgot that Stokers never grow up."
    Why on earth would we want to?